Apple Pay South Africa

Joeboy69

Expert Member
Same standard bank issues my side. Will wait a few days and then add cards again and see. I’m not surprised as they have been disappointing for years.

deesef

Expert Member
And here I thought we had at least 5 major banks to choose from, wonder what happened to them.
Why should I try the other 4 if I know that many people have problems with any of the banks, but I have had stable service for years? That would be plain silly

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Why should I try the other 4 if I know that many people have problems with any of the banks, but I have had stable service for years? That would be plain silly

I guess I prefer my service good, to stable. Cause stable does not mean good, consistently bad is still stable.

Sure, there will always be people who complain about banks, and I know people who’ve had issues, I’ve had issues, I’ve been with standard bank. I don’t know a person alive who has anything good to say about them.

You calling them stable is probably the highest praise I’ve heard in my life.

BigBear

Expert Member
So a few hours ago, Standard Bank removed my credit card from Apple Pay on both my iPhone and Apple Watch; I then received this SMS:

Has anyone else experienced this recently? I definitely didn't make any requests on my side. I haven't been able to get hold of them on that phone number yet but will post any updates when I figure it out.

Rather use the normal Banking Suite contact details or contact them via app

mine are still in apple wallet and work as normal, just on sbsa app does it show add to wallet. again

OnlyOneKenobi

Still not many online retailers, services or apps in SA accepting Apple Pay yet. I was quite surprised to see Bolt supports AP, but not Uber...

ace119

And Uber in the UK and USA supports ApplePay, might be worth asking the question why not with Uber SA.

I’ve asked them. They are idiots… no one can give me a straight answer. Even after telling them that our region now officially supports Apple Pay and that Bolt supports it in app. Eventually I just said I’m not using Uber until they support Apple Pay.. so Bolt it is

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I’ve asked them. They are idiots… no one can give me a straight answer. Even after telling them that our region now officially supports Apple Pay and that Bolt supports it in app. Eventually I just said I’m not using Uber until they support Apple Pay.. so Bolt it is

I’m not using Ube cause they have become useless and unreliable

Priapus

Executive Member
Hoping more local sites and apps will support AP. Its just super convenient.

ebendl

Expert Member
I can relate. I am broke every month coz of apple pay. I just cant seem to hold myself back from making purchases.
are you referring to online purchases? Or on your phone/watch with pay terminals?

I have - at some point - considered leaving my card at home to prevent me stopping somewhere for a quick snack or piece of candy or coffee - but that idea is out of the window too now that I can pay with my watch.

epah

Executive Member
are you referring to online purchases? Or on your phone/watch with pay terminals?

I have - at some point - considered leaving my card at home to prevent me stopping somewhere for a quick snack or piece of candy or coffee - but that idea is out of the window too now that I can pay with my watch.
Nope, referring to instore purchases, usually small amounts but they add up quite a bit come month end.

Pho3nix

The Legend
Anyone on Standard Bank having issues with Apple Pay specifically on Standard Bank POS machines?
3 different times this week it's declined with " Insufficient Funds " when the funds are available.
Nedbank and Absa POS work fine.

I've re-added my card to the Wallet app and will see how it goes I suppose