Apple Pay South Africa

ace119

Just added my FNB Virtual Card from my Fusion account to Curve. Will test my Apple Pay with this card tomorrow....

22DF3BD1-A304-48CE-9776-4FDC806730C4.png

Leno

Expert Member
I'm getting stuck on the page where I enter my address details. It just hangs there.

Same :/

I have a monzo acc but I have to top it up with a swift payment, not the cheapest way so at the moment its only a backup

Se@n

I'm getting stuck on the page where I enter my address details. It just hangs there.

Yep I tried too, the only way through it was using a UK address (McDonald’s ) and they rejected me after my selfie and pic of my SA drivers license.

ace119

You all getting stuck signing up for “Monese” or the “Curve” Card??

Leno

Expert Member
You all getting stuck signing up for “Monese” or the “Curve” Card??

I was getting stuck on Curve

Ended up adding my Transferwise card again, forgot it had apple pay, this is mainly for emergencies or if i forget my wallet (You can top it up with a credit card)

Se@n

I was getting stuck on Curve

Ended up adding my Transferwise card again, forgot it had apple pay, this is mainly for emergencies or if i forget my wallet (You can top it up with a credit card)

Managed to get a TransferWise account setup and loaded today as well. probably a bit wasteful to be fair considering we can’t be more than a couple months out at most for our local Apple Pay launch but I thought I could get some practice in in the interim

epah

Expert Member
Managed to get a TransferWise account setup and loaded today as well. probably a bit wasteful to be fair considering we can’t be more than a couple months out at most for our local Apple Pay launch but I thought I could get some practice in in the interim
i would much rather prefer it if you said a couple of days and not months. lol

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
iOS 14.4 RC is out. I'm guessing possible Apple Pay SA will go live next Tues
What makes you say next Tuesday you got some info ?

I’m pretty sure they have to release a completely new iOS version to deploy the Apple Pay update

Last edited:

3Gee

Expert Member
What makes you say next Tuesday you got some info ?

I’m pretty sure they have to release a completely new iOS version to deploy the Apple Pay update

14.4 will most likely be released next Tuesday

Se@n

And I must add it works like a charm.

3Gee

Expert Member
And I must add it works like a charm.

What additional costs are you incurring compared to a straight up Apple Pay setup using a local bank card had it been available

Se@n

What additional costs are you incurring compared to a straight up Apple Pay setup using a local bank card had it been available

They charged 0.88 GBP on a credit card load into the TransferWise account of 35 GBP - so not excessive but obviously wasteful. It was more to test it than for it to be a permanent payment mechanism.
If I wired the money rather than topping up with my credit card there would be no charge and no currency conversion on payments either.