Apple Pay South Africa

HumanShield

Anyone installed the “RC” Release Candidate for 14.4?? And seen if they can add there SA bank card to Apple Pay? (And if Wallet/Apple Pay show up in their device settings? With region set to South Africa?).
On the public beta since last week. Nothing.

ace119

On the public beta since last week. Nothing.

Oh no... that’s sad, so everyone’s thinking that they going to turn on Apple Pay for SA after the release of iOS 14.4?

And not that iOS 14.4 contains the Apple Pay release itself....

johnjm

Expert Member
How are you guys adding it into wallet? Mine doesn’t have an option to add a credit card. Assuming it’s not available in SA to do so

Se@n

How are you guys adding it into wallet? Mine doesn’t have an option to add a credit card. Assuming it’s not available in SA to do so

Change your region to one that is already supported

Cool_Guy1989

It’s temporary - as soon as you have loaded a supported card you can change your region back to SA and continue using the service.
So you're saying I can add my bank cards to Apple Pay when I change my region then simply change back to SA and it will work?

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
So you're saying I can add my bank cards to Apple Pay when I change my region then simply change back to SA and it will work?
Well i tried that and it wont let me add my Discovery Bank card, think discovery needs to authorise it from their side. Not sure if absa etc supports it yet or a specific bank maybe ?

werfie

Expert Member
Well i tried that and it wont let me add my Discovery Bank card, think discovery needs to authorise it from their side. Not sure if absa etc supports it yet or a specific bank maybe ?

Nedbank and FNB also not working

johnjm

Expert Member
Settings, general, 3 or 4 up from the bottom.

Thanks for this. I ended up adding a Monzo account because Investec UK doesn’t seem to want to work. It brings up terms and conditions but then it doesn’t activate. At least I’ve got it working though, thanks man

Se@n

Thanks for this. I ended up adding a Monzo account because Investec UK doesn’t seem to want to work. It brings up terms and conditions but then it doesn’t activate. At least I’ve got it working though, thanks man

I think I read that investec don’t support Apple Pay in the UK either - but if you got terms and conditions it must mean they’re taking steps to change that.
Enjoy the work around for the time being.

punish3r6699

The banks will have already submitted their apps with Apple Pay onboarding, but will not be allowed to release yet, all Apple Pay functionality must be hidden. Apple will give the go-ahead for the apps to be released and penetrate for a bit before the public launch and on that day, the banks' server-side config can be flipped and the feature made visible and Apple unblocks the region....that's how Apple Pay rolls into a new region