Apple Pay South Africa

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
Weird my phone tonight now shows the + button on the Apple Pay app, gonna go update some other phones i have got to ios 14.4 iPhone 12 Pro and 11 Pro and i think a iPhone X see what they do.

Last edited:

Roo!

Expert Member
That was the case in Australia but it’s different here. Discovery Bank for example are literally waiting for Apple to flip the switch. This is going off the call I had with them, DMs with them and a person that I know that works within Discovery Bank. I don’t have a source in Nedbank but they also seem to be waiting for Apple because their app already has Apple Pay integration.

Actually, there was substantial work done at Discovery Bank to integrate with the Apple Pay APIs and Payment Rails! It's not just a flip of a switch, you have to pass certification first and that means compliance.

ECHLN

Actually, there was substantial work done at Discovery Bank to integrate with the Apple Pay APIs and Payment Rails! It's not just a flip of a switch, you have to pass certification first and that means compliance.
I see!

ECHLN

Weird my phone tonight now shows the + button on the Apple Pay app, gonna go update some other phones i have got to ios 14.4 iPhone 12 Pro and 11 Pro and i think a iPhone X see what they do.
Hmm

phoneJunky

Executive Member
I still don't see anything. But my region is SA. Was hoping it would go live here yesterday night

epah

Expert Member
Right now i am preoccupied with activating my esim, once thats done i will focus on apple pay again. My hearts still aching though

Se@n

Right now i am preoccupied with activating my esim, once thats done i will focus on apple pay again. My hearts still aching though

I have just activated - not convinced it was a good move tho. I now have another mtn number that supposed my actual number routes through.

epah

Expert Member
I have just activated - not convinced it was a good move tho. I now have another mtn number that supposed my actual number routes through.
how did you activate yours? i just called activations now to activate mine and the lady said it should be active within two to 24 hours. i just didnt feel convinced after the call, felt like we werent talking about the same thing her and i.

HumanShield

how did you activate yours? i just called activations now to activate mine and the lady said it should be active within two to 24 hours. i just didnt feel convinced after the call, felt like we werent talking about the same thing her and i.
Can we keep this to Apple Pay please?

ace119

Can we keep this to Apple Pay please?
agreed with keeping it to Apple Pay only,

but there's so many things not working like they should haha eSim included!

Ive tried googling "Apple Pay South Africa" and nothing.. not a single person or site mentioning it.. my nerves are finished.. on top of that my iPhone 12 Pro is on back order too...! So really feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Se@n

agreed with keeping it to Apple Pay only,

but there's so many things not working like they should haha eSim included!

Ive tried googling "Apple Pay South Africa" and nothing.. not a single person or site mentioning it.. my nerves are finished.. on top of that my iPhone 12 Pro is on back order too...! So really feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas.

I have this nasty feeling we are a lot further from launch than we’d like to believe.

ludi85

Here is a great article explaining the complexities behind Apple Pay and how it works.