Apple Pay South Africa

Se@n

Not really. FNB have been dismal with the whole Apple Pay thing. Even if they launched it now; it's too late. I am already pretty much moved over to Discovery bank.

The surprise was that it’s not photoshopped. Not that FNB have unveiled a new wonder of the world.

FHTheron

6c6467a0578aa6d83e0c1c5a9fd266bb.jpg

I see the pick n pay in my area got new speed points, I had my first error but it turns out I was tapping in the wrong area.
This really looks like an old cellphone.

Tim_vb

It’s from their app release resource document. At least we can see signs of Apple Pay life on their side although who knows how far to going live.
Its a quick build to enable if they already have tokenisation enabled (of which virtual card is one use of tokenisation). The hurdle is commercial and not technical and I would be surprised if it was built then called off at the last minute. But then again who knows they may have read the complaints :laugh:

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Investec just launched Apple Pay!

No word on FNB yet...

Just added my card, no way app integration yet that I can see, but scan it, fill in the missing fields and done.

prOd

Expert Member
This is just comical from FNB. They either stringing people along for as long as they can or they're just not bothered. But holding thumbs for that black virtual card. I'll really be ballin' then

Do you not know FNB is the only bank doing it the proper way? All these other banks are idiots and just racing to get to the finishing line without any respects to the retailers!

/s just in case

phlux

Think this is the last straw with me and FNB. Been fighting for the last 6 months to downgrade my account from Private client, because it adds no value to me and just costs me more money. That and now no Apple Pay support. Just need to settle my 2 smart devices through them, then I am done.

3WA

Honorary Master
I'm nowhere close to leaving FNB, but Apple Pay is a lot cooler than I thought it would be. I moved all my day-to-day spend to Discovery, and FNB is now for online purchases (and Checkers).