Apple Pay South Africa

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
The trick is to let them think they are holding your last will and testament.

I let them sit with my will when my estate was basically worthless, I was renting and only owned a car. Day I signed for my house I drew up a new, proper will.

Louis72

Expert Member
Jrrrrrr. Almost 3 months soon and still nothing from FNB.

Clearly this thing is very complex.
Just move? So much better out there trust me.

Nah, just Africa's most innovative bank, not innovating.
Well maybe back in 2012 when we still had Barclays bureaucracy with Absa and Nedbank half asleep.

Now FNB and Standard Bank are asleep at the wheel. Times are changing according to stats…
22% increase in complaints for FNB but a 36% decline for Absa complaints in a pandemic year.

Priapus

Executive Member
Just move? So much better out there trust me.

Well maybe back in 2012 when we still had Barclays bureaucracy with Absa and Nedbank half asleep.

Now FNB and Standard Bank are asleep at the wheel. Times are changing according to stats…
22% increase in complaints for FNB but a 36% decline for Absa complaints in a pandemic year.

They've seriously dropped the ball. I no longer use my FNB account for my day to day banking. Discovery Bank as been good and their app is just simpler and nicer too.

ronald911

Expert Member
They've seriously dropped the ball. I no longer use my FNB account for my day to day banking. Discovery Bank as been good and their app is just simpler and nicer too.

Made the same move. FNB for forex and a bit of savings, Discovery Bank for day to day transactions. 100% of payments I've made with my Discovery Bank card have been with Apple Pay. Haven't had any issues.

Priapus

Executive Member
Made the same move. FNB for forex and a bit of savings, Discovery Bank for day to day transactions. 100% of payments I've made with my Discovery Bank card have been with Apple Pay. Haven't had any issues.

Forex is literally the only thing keeping me from closing down my FNB account. I have a bond account with Nedbank, and I believe they do Forex as well. I might give that a try at some point. If it works as well as FNB's one does - then I guess good by FNB.

I can't believe they (and Standard bank) have not launched Apple Pay as yet.

Where is that guy who was saying how all these banks rushed to the market with Apple Pay and its a big mess... :ROFL:

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Forex is literally the only thing keeping me from closing down my FNB account. I have a bond account with Nedbank, and I believe they do Forex as well. I might give that a try at some point. If it works as well as FNB's one does - then I guess good by FNB.

I can't believe they (and Standard bank) have not launched Apple Pay as yet.

Where is that guy who was saying how all these banks rushed to the market with Apple Pay and its a big mess... :ROFL:

He left after Investec, who was never going to launch because in Uk they never did, launched it. Lol

He had enough of being wrong.

Priapus

Executive Member
He left after Investec, who was never going to launch because in Uk they never did, launched it. Lol

He had enough of being wrong.

Oh yes, how could I forget that. So wrong, he had no option but to exit shot left.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Oh yes, how could I forget that. So wrong, he had no option but to exit shot left.

I think it took me almost 10 minutes, but I tracked down his post so that I could tag him when I posted the announcement link, never got a response.

Makes me wonder, if ZA has it now, did/will Uk just copy pasta the code…

Se@n

Looks like the FNB supporters have run out of steam on social media as well. Myself included. Eventually it becomes a little tiresome arguing with a rock.

Priapus

Executive Member
Looks like the FNB supporters have run out of steam on social media as well. Myself included. Eventually it becomes a little tiresome arguing with a rock.

It seems to have died down. Maybe FNB are just not interested in Apple Pay.

HumanShield

I think a lot of FNB users who care to use Apple Pay are now on the two account thing.
I've been transferring half my CC limit to my Discovery Bank card since Apple Pay was dropped.
There's been a drastic decrease in spending on my FNB card

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Wave 3 means that I've hardly been out but had to spend one morning in Cavendish Square to sort out a couple of things.

Decided to try tapping my watch without pulling up my sleeves - double tap the activation button through the material, then tap - it worked- what a freaking awesome and pleasurable experience!

Every shop I bought something at and the parking ticket vending machine worked flawlessly.

Apple Pay with an Apple Watch is a truly seamless payment experience.

Priapus

Executive Member
Wave 3 means that I've hardly been out but had to spend one morning in Cavendish Square to sort out a couple of things.

Decided to try tapping my watch without pulling up my sleeves - double tap the activation button through the material, then tap - it worked- what a freaking awesome and pleasurable experience!

Every shop I bought something at and the parking ticket vending machine worked flawlessly.

But FNB virtual cards is where it’s at…

whatwhat

Executive Member

It is.

In Japan and other places that have Express modes you pay (or enter subway stations) without even needing to press the button. Really is wonderful compared to fumbling with cards.