Apple reassigns marketing staff to boost iPhone sales

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator

Apple Inc. is experimenting with iPhone marketing strategies it rarely uses -- such as discount promotions via generous device buyback terms -- to help goose sales of its flagship product.

Company executives moved some marketing staff from other projects to work on bolstering sales of the latest handsets in October, about a month after the iPhone XS went on sale and in the days around the launch of the iPhone XR, according to a person familiar with the situation.

[Bloomberg]

StoffelZA

The problem is not marketing, the problem is price. That is a very simple problem to fix.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Rather reassign design staff and do something about the size of that notch.

Frequent visitor

Expert Member

Apple Inc. is experimenting with iPhone marketing strategies it rarely uses -- such as discount promotions via generous device buyback terms -- to help goose sales of its flagship product.

Company executives moved some marketing staff from other projects to work on bolstering sales of the latest handsets in October, about a month after the iPhone XS went on sale and in the days around the launch of the iPhone XR, according to a person familiar with the situation.

[Bloomberg]
Goose? Boost perhaps?

Happy Days

Seems like the strategy of hiking prices and they will come due to brand loyalty is no longer working. I think that Apple have increased their prices by a bigger factor than any of the other manufacturers (would be interesting to see an article showing price increase percentages for the top 5). Having said that, still using my Samsung S7 and can't see myself upgrading in the next few months (even though my contract has long time expired).