Apple resellers in South Africa open Macbook Pro M2 pre-orders and reveal pricing

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
In case people are confused, this is the junk model. No one should be buying the old 13" MacBook Pro with Touchbar just because it has an M2. Get a 14" or 16" MacBook Pro (with M1 Pro or Max) rather, or the M2 MacBook Air.

Easter Bunny

Expert Member
shouldn't they remove the "upto 24gb ram" part on their pages since they're only ever going to offer the 8gb models?

Speedster

Honorary Master
shouldn't they remove the "upto 24gb ram" part on their pages since they're only ever going to offer the 8gb models?
I'm pretty sure you can order the higher ram models. They might not keep many in stock but will get for you if requested

hjst45

I'm pretty sure you can order the higher ram models. They might not keep many in stock but will get for you if requested

I am picking up mine in Thailand next month. Even there, they also only offer the 8GB version:

quovadis

Executive Member
When iStore introduced the M1 here they were all 8GB - the 16GB varieties came a few months after. They'll probably bring a SKU with 24GB at some stage but who knows.

prOd

Expert Member
I think the M2 Macbook Air is better in every possible way

Looking at these prices we can expect the Air to start at R27k? Would love one but will probably keep my M1 Air for another year or so.

Do you not get tired of your own bullshit? Or does it really not stink?

Go on, tell us what Dell you'd buy for 10k cheaper; that would outperform an M1.

I'll wait.

M2* :D

quovadis

Executive Member
In case people are confused, this is the junk model. No one should be buying the old 13" MacBook Pro with Touchbar just because it has an M2. Get a 14" or 16" MacBook Pro (with M1 Pro or Max) rather, or the M2 MacBook Air.
My gut is the M2 MBP will appeal to those who want to stick with a touch bar and haven't bought an M1 MBP. Probably those who have held back to see if Apple silicon is worth it but also don't want to splurge unnecessarily on the pricier 14" & 16" models and want to avoid a thermal throttle. If Apple had've added two external displays with the M2 MBP I'm sure there'd be a bunch of people upgrading from M1's.

Norrad

Expert Member
I am picking up mine in Thailand next month. Even there, they also only offer the 8GB version:

With the noodle keyboard?

charlieharper

Expert Member

Malaysia even cheaper just saying.

I'll pick up a new iPhone there when nomadding again later this year.