Apple shares fall due to waning smartphone demand

sajunky

Honorary Master
This is iPhone X failed Face ID feature. When I told you this first time it ended up with number of jokes and insults.

^^vampire^^

Expert Member
This is iPhone X failed Face ID feature. When I told you this first time it ended up with number of jokes and insults.
Over and above this that was the only thing they have added lately and it was a complete flop. Apple built itself around the premise that it "creates" new and innovative technologies and packages it in a pretty and useful container. They haven't done anything new or innovative for years and instead just hiked the price and put a new number on the container. People are cottoning on to this and don't want to spend more money on what they already own. They've been riding on the coat tails of tech they brought out 5+ years ago and now the coattails are running thin.

Already had this conversation with my boss about a week ago, if apple don't up their game soon their stock price is going to be worth a short.

crackersa

Honorary Master
Over and above this that was the only thing they have added lately and it was a complete flop. Apple built itself around the premise that it "creates" new and innovative technologies and packages it in a pretty and useful container. They haven't done anything new or innovative for years and instead just hiked the price and put a new number on the container. People are cottoning on to this and don't want to spend more money on what they already own. They've been riding on the coat tails of tech they brought out 5+ years ago and now the coattails are running thin.

Already had this conversation with my boss about a week ago, if apple don't up their game soon their stock price is going to be worth a short.
What other company has a smart watch where you can make a call from your watch without having your cell near by? How about send an sms? Check your bank balances? All with out having a cell near by.

saturnz

Honorary Master
What other company has a smart watch where you can make a call from your watch without having your cell near by? How about send an sms? Check your bank balances? All with out having a cell near by.
Who makes calls or send texts? If you need to check your bank balance every five minutes then some deep introspection is required

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Then the watch is a super success, right? And Apple doesn't have to worry about making super profits...

Jase

Executive Member
Apple (and most other brands) are just too expensive. I've reached a point where I ask myself if I really need to fork out 15-20k for a device that makes calls, takes some photos and does social media (and a few other things such as email, payment notifications etc.).

crackersa

Honorary Master
Then the watch is a super success, right? And Apple doesn't have to worry about making super profits...
He said they were not innovative...but yet I see they did something that no one else has copied yet....a year later.

Jimmy-Z

Samsung does. The Gear S, and it came out a year before the apple watch :p

crackersa

Honorary Master
Samsung does. The Gear S, and it came out a year before the apple watch :p
The gear s makes phone calls with out the phone being anywhere near it? I left my phone at home at still made calls, dick Tracy style.

saturnz

Honorary Master
Apple (and most other brands) are just too expensive. I've reached a point where I ask myself if I really need to fork out 15-20k for a device that makes calls, takes some photos and does social media (and a few other things such as email, payment notifications etc.).
a friend of mine who still rents in my building because he has been priced out of the market spent 20k on his new google phone

Jimmy-Z

The gear s makes phone calls with out the phone being anywhere near it? I left my phone at home at still made calls, dick Tracy style.
Yup. lol. I've never tried it, but it takes a nano sim for calls, sms's & GPS navigation on the watch.

eg2505

Honorary Master
apple is a sinking ship, said it before and said it again, (and sauron will argue with me endlessly about it)

open source and open systems foster creativity and improvements, (android,TCP/IP,Linux,cryptocurrency ect)
much faster then any closed source, tax dodging, billion dollar business founded by a man who likes to wash his feet in the toilet.

I just think anything apple is expensive and worthless, in doing anything but very specialized work, or for people that want very simple things to work with.

I mean I work with quite a few macbooks now, and if anything I simply say why constantly, never could figure out why you'd actually want to buy one
I mean its 5 or 6 times a PC equivalent, not repairable besides changing the hard drive, and built in such a way that common programs dont work efficiently on it

I get why people buy it, they firstly never tried anything else, secondly they cant as mac is desinged for "creative" people and others aren't,
and thirdly becuse they are scared at how real computers work and all the negative stories the media deliver about mac vs PC.

and before anybody says I never tried mac and everything works, I NEVER owned a macbook or IOS or ANY Ipod in my life.
and I did try it, got frustrated after 30 min when you try doing something thats not äpple approved,

not jailbraking but trying to copy a movie from a PC that I had onto apple ipad using VLC, a legal program on apples store.

thats when I got it, people enjoy working with something so simple, and are afraid of something a bit more complex.
nothing wrong with that per se, but its just sad sometimes.

ie people that will take their car to a dealer to check the oil, on change tires at the dealer,
ie people that got the deep pockets to support apple, or not bothered to try something new,

garyc

Expert Member
Phones have become a mature market. Investors realize that there is no next big thing around the corner that will push it even higher.