Apple slashes price of 2TB iCloud plan – New South African pricing

gfmalan

Expert Member
Cool, but it's not the price that bothers me, it is the up and download speed that does, there are so many other providers out there that has so much more features.

Not everyone stay in a 1ste world country, they must build muti threading and limiters for bandwidth into the icloud apps.

And also sharing with links and between icloud accounts like Dropbox.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Good move by Apple - best pricing amongst the top cloud storage providers now. And they let you share your storage with family members.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Still only 5gb free? Want a joke. The premium price of Apple hardware should atleast give you double that free.

bigboy529

Expert Member
That's seriously good value plus the family sharing as well. Dropbox and Google Drive is currently $10 for 1 TB.

krycor

Honorary Master
Good move by Apple - best pricing amongst the top cloud storage providers now. And they let you share your storage with family members.
Family sharing.. take my money!

Now I want backups in the icloud for Mac pls

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Sorry but in my opinion , office 365 Home subscription offers a way better deal.

For about R1000 a year (you can get for 700 if you see any deals) includes not only office but 1tb of onedrive space.

Since you can share it with 5 people, that's 5tb of online space. With the onedrive app, you can auto upload photos from photos app on Idevices and easily share with others (like iCloud).

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Nice pricing but pretty useless until I get fibre... which is a long way off. :eek:

Budza

Executive Member
Sorry but in my opinion , office 365 Home subscription offers a way better deal.

For about R1000 a year (you can get for 700 if you see any deals) includes not only office but 1tb of onedrive space.

Since you can share it with 5 people, that's 5tb of online space. With the onedrive app, you can auto upload photos from photos app on Idevices and easily share with others (like iCloud).
This works well for me...

mister

Executive Member
This works well for me...
Same... Just paid R605 ex vat for my second year. I've noticed that it actually allows more than 5 installs... it seems to be licensed per email address and not per machine - I've used the same email address on multiple systems that I use, and they all appear as licensed installs in my dashboard.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Same... Just paid R605 ex vat for my second year. I've noticed that it actually allows more than 5 installs... it seems to be licensed per email address and not per machine - I've used the same email address on multiple systems that I use, and they all appear as licensed installs in my dashboard.
5 devices per user ! This is one reason why office 365 home is so much awesomeness. And 60 landline Skype minutes per user per month too. Use it to call elderly relatives in UK and Aus ... :)