Apple to launch new, bigger iPad in 2015

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I can't believe there would be a high demand for such a large tablet?

Mk786

Expert Member
For people with impaired vision? :confused: Who's gonna use such a big tablet?

sand_man

Honorary Master

Well, if iOS were to introduce true multi tasking with the ability to open multiple windows simultaneously then yes, this would make sense. Coupled with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse this bigger iPad could very well replace your average 15.4" laptop while also retaining the tablet versatility and mobility...

[video=youtube;teFyAqj1eog]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teFyAqj1eog[/video]

Last edited:

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Unless they do what I've always hoped they would...build a dockable iPad/book that also runs OSX.

That way you carry a tablet with you but when you get to the office you dock it to an iMac like frame and you carry on working in OSX.

It's perfectly plausible since iOS and OS X run virtually the same base system and Applications just need to be made universal with more hard drive space.

It would make perfect sense to me as a user who until recently carried a 15-inch Macbook on my back anyway and now a 13-inch instead because I ride a motorcycle and it's a little more comfortable.

Having an all in one device would be superb. Even a 15-inch iPad/book for that matter.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Well, if iOS were to introduce true multi tasking with the ability to open multiple windows simultaneously then yes, this would make sense. Coupled with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse this bigger iPad could very well replace your average 15.4" laptop while also retaining the tablet versatility and mobility...
That's possible.

Unless they do what I've always hoped they would...build a dockable iPad/book that also runs OSX.
Wouldn't that truly cannibalise their MBA sales?

CrzWaco

Expert Member
Reminds me of this picture.

iBoard.jpg

Rocket-Boy

Honorary Master

That way you carry a tablet with you but when you get to the office you dock it to an iMac like frame and you carry on working in OSX.

It's perfectly plausible since iOS and OS X run virtually the same base system and Applications just need to be made universal with more hard drive space.

It would make perfect sense to me as a user who until recently carried a 15-inch Macbook on my back anyway and now a 13-inch instead because I ride a motorcycle and it's a little more comfortable.

Having an all in one device would be superb. Even a 15-inch iPad/book for that matter.

You mean like the microsoft surface?

kianm

Honorary Master
This is getting out of humans' hands capacity :p. That would be a pretty huge thing IMO. Around 10inch max for a tablet is acceptable