Apple Watch with FNB Credit Card from iStore

travcaine

Hi there,

Have any of you bought an Apple Watch at iStore with their deal with the FNB Credit Card? How does it work?

The way it was explained to me was you pay for the Apple Watch full price and then FNB will reimburse the money back which you will pay back monthly (iStore version)

Then FNB explained that iStore needs to pay the money back and then FNB will start the monthly process.
Hoping one of you have had success with this deal?

Mant1s

I have applied for the iStore card in October to buy myself the series 3 watch.

Went very smoothly (was in and out of the store on the day of the release in 5 mins).

It is just a standard bank credit card with a limit of R55 000.
You can use it like any normal credit card, and do online banking/payments/pay for petrol at garage.

They do deduct the full amount of the card when you buy it from the shop, then you can pay back the money whenever, they usually email/sms you the outstanding amount you have to pay for the month (which was for me R250 before 2nd December), but I already mostly paid off all of it through October/November salary :)

travcaine

I have applied for the iStore card in October to buy myself the series 3 watch.

Went very smoothly (was in and out of the store on the day of the release in 5 mins).

It is just a standard bank credit card with a limit of R55 000.
You can use it like any normal credit card, and do online banking/payments/pay for petrol at garage.

They do deduct the full amount of the card when you buy it from the shop, then you can pay back the money whenever, they usually email/sms you the outstanding amount you have to pay for the month (which was for me R250 before 2nd December), but I already mostly paid off all of it through October/November salary :)
Thanks but I am talking about specific FNB Credit Card purchases and deals.

Albertdup

Thanks but I am talking about specific FNB Credit Card purchases and deals.
There is no stock on Apple Watch series 3 and no ETA on new stock, thanks Core group for not anticipating people wanting to buy this.

OnlyOneKenobi

Other retailers don't seem to have issues with stock of the Series 3 Watch - but yeah, I notice iStore doesn't have any.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
No idea what FNB card deal you are referring to.

Maybe give a link?

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Make the most of our special Apple Watch Series 3 deal exclusive to FNB Credit Cardholders. Buy the Apple Watch Series 3 and get a promotional interest rate and an option to trade-in at 12 or 24 months.

Got this in email, no link to press on.

Picture shows R199x24.

moe46664

Make the most of our special Apple Watch Series 3 deal exclusive to FNB Credit Cardholders. Buy the Apple Watch Series 3 and get a promotional interest rate and an option to trade-in at 12 or 24 months.

Picture shows R199x24.
Also got this - quite interested in how this works

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master

Picture shows R199x24.
Hmm weird I didn't receive anything like that.

I must not be special enough.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
Took a pic.
The document is very confusing as it says 24 months but that works out less than the cost of the device.

Then there is a "budget term" column which is 28 months and lines up with the interest rate etc.

Neither works out to R199 either.

fish

The R199 is based on you trading in the device at the end of the 24months to be used to pay off the final amount.
It is very sneaky.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
The R199 is based on you trading in the device at the end of the 24months to be used to pay off the final amount.
It is very sneaky.
And surely "trading in" means taking another one?

krycor

Honorary Master
Saw this and was wondering about it as it seemed slightly cheaper than what it should be.. interesting. Anyways.. no cellular yet so nope.