Apple's next-generation iPhone Media Event! (2013)

cerebus

Honorary Master
The new camera on 5s looks like quite a piece of work. And A7. Otherwise it's pretty much what I expected and 5C is not bloody cheap. Bring on the 18th!

Inn3rs3lf

Expert Member
I like the improvements. I just don't know if it is worth waiting for, or if the Xperia Z1 would be the better option. Less wait time :)

falcon786

Honorary Master
I meant the colour at the back, looks more aluminium than black.

EDIT: Okay it's "Gold, silver and space grey colors, to be specific."

So they moved away from the black which scratched easily.

Yeah the black on black looked very dull in the iPhone 5 glad the sides and back give the new black model a more distinct look and hopefully it won't scratch away as easily as the black iPhone 5

Is that it? No ipad 5?huh. ....

Dolby

Honorary Master
I think the fingerprint scanner is awesome actually

cerebus

Honorary Master
Yeah the black on black looked very dull in the iPhone 5 glad the sides and back give the new black model a more distinct look and hopefully it won't scratch away as easily as the black iPhone 5

Is that it? No ipad 5?huh. ....
iPad and iPhone normally have separate events. iPad shows along with new OSX and macs.

I think the fingerprint scanner is awesome actually

Yeah there is a lot of potential for nfc like authenticated transactions with this.

Last edited:

icyrus

Executive Member
I have to say, I love watching the parts of Apple's videos where they show some of their assembly.

sand_man

Honorary Master
What I really want to see now is Apple taking the same approach to jail breaking as Samsung do to rooting IE we won't patch the ability to root but do it and you void your warranty. Seems a fair compromise.

icyrus

Executive Member
What I really want to see now is Apple taking the same approach to jail breaking as Samsung do to rooting IE we won't patch the ability to root but do it and you void your warranty. Seems a fair compromise.

Jailbreaks are serious security compromises, they will always be patched. What Apple could do is have a unlock procedure through Xcode, but it is never going to happen.

Rosaudio

First Officer
When does it release or become available for pre-order? I'm going to try and get one ASAP as my Galaxy S2 has finally died after 3 years.

Wonder how hard it's going to be to get one with demand. Might go to the Apple Store on Regent Street and have a look.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Jailbreaks are serious security compromises, they will always be patched. What Apple could do is have a unlock procedure through Xcode, but it is never going to happen.

Agreed and agreed but they always get jailbroken in the end. Is that perhaps a war Apple is losing? And what does that say about their ability/inability to secure their OS?

Madhawk

Honorary Master
All they did was remove the aluminium casing of the iPhone 5 and replaced it with plastic and called it the "New" iPhone 5C.

And to top it off, they are selling it for only $100 less. How arrogant can a company be?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Agreed and agreed but they always get jailbroken in the end. Is that perhaps a war Apple is losing? And what does that say about their ability/inability to secure their OS?

I'm starting to not see much value in jailbreaking. For what, customization? They won't improve much on ios7. And all the other things are done and done better like the tweaks panel.

cerebus

Honorary Master
All they did was remove the aluminium casing of the iPhone 5 and replaced it with plastic and called it the "New" iPhone 5C.

And to top it off, they are selling it for only $100 less. How arrogant can a company be?
Dude, cerebus is not impressed. I'm with you on this. Poor strategy. There was so much potential for a plastic cheerful low cost model but this is not cool.

Madhawk

Honorary Master
Dude, cerebus is not impressed. I'm with you on this. Poor strategy. There was so much potential for a plastic cheerful low cost model but this is not cool.

They should've kept the iPhone 5 and continued selling it for $549 and the iPhone 5S for $649. That's it, simple! This boggles the mind!

The iPhone 5C should've been priced at $349 or $399 and it would've been a hit. One year old technology for nearly half price.

Dave

Honorary Master

Not quite, it is new internal, the entire radio chip will have to be new, its also a new processor.

But the price has put me off, I was considering a white 5c, but for the price difference being so small i may as well go for a 5s.

No preorder means a 5am queue though :mad:.