Apple's next iPhones won't come with a charger - Report

Matt91

Expert Member
Everyone knows you leave the new iphones out in the sun to charge. DUH!?

kagishokgaile

Pakistani cellphone shops rejoice! No one will pay whatever Apple will be charging for a charger.

Crowley

Executive Member
Aren't the fruits of sin also coming out with type-c ports?

marine1

Honorary Master
Well if you buy apple products its your own fault. Overpriced status symbol

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
"Here's your new car sir, please browse the catalog for your Tyre options as is this is not included" :unsure:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
Kuo said that the reason Apple is planning to ship its next-generation iPhones without these accessories is that it wants to offset the cost of adding 5G to its smartphones.
I find that insane, and there's a good chance that will harm Apple's brand image, so I kind of doubt they will do so (don't mean not shipping the Earpods).
The story of a USB C to lightning cable only makes more sense as most have got the power brick piece, but I still don't think they would do it as it makes it more difficult for customers to get the device and it "just works" unless they make it so you can opt-out to get it and have a reduced fee.

garyc

Expert Member
Aren't the fruits of sin also coming out with type-c ports?
This is the same guy who predicted that Apple will be completely dropping ports on their phones. I thought that this earlier prediction implied that they would not be including the traditional charging brick either since there would be nowhere to plug it into. We will still have to see how accurate this prediction is.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Maybe an iteration early, but apple would eventually drop the charger if they went with a portless phone.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
Then how would you charge the phone? Even if it's wireless, you still need a wireless charger.
Bring your own at the moment. Apple say they want a portless phone but at the same time they failed to deliver on their air power mat, they might come back with a new version that works or partner with a vendor and include a discount code in their product box.