Apply online for a Gauteng school spot at your own risk

Tornalca

The site is filled with bugs.

Capture.jpg

Capture.jpg

The "my details" section also does not allow you to update anything and does not reload all the values initially captured during registration. The values that are loaded are in the wrong text boxes.

Default region for everyone is East London

The GPS coordinates based on my address are also incorrect. Suggested schools to apply for are 70km away from me.

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Ja nee...

Screenshot - 13042016 - 14:31:48.jpg

SchoolLoginProc .... tsk tsk

Last edited:

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Looking at the variable names, the incomplete site (empty popups), errors, PDF links everywehere etc... my bet is somebody's kid in 2nd year IT made some money.

maeztro

On the contact us page, loading the School Contact Information loads a map to the right. All schools seems to be located somewhere on the border between Limpopo and North West.

MrGray

Executive Member
I see they still haven't sorted this out.

Turning on custom errors and displaying a friendly error page is pretty much a .NET deployment basic, lol.

Love the c:\Users\lebohangmas\desktop directory path exposed. Guess you've been having an interesting last few days, hey Lebohang?? Hopefully, you don't keep all your code on the desktop - I'm guessing you probably don't even have any source/version control??

Another basic is ensuring your SQL server is setup correctly. Connection pool errors mean they couldn't have done much or any load testing at all. Which is kind of unforgiveable for a large scale public system.

Time to find out how much was paid for this, and to who.