Applying to universities with only your statement of results

PrimeSteak

Hey guys, so I was wondering, is it possible to use your statement of results to apply to universities? I matriculated last year and of course got my statement of results, but I haven't got my actual Matric Certificate yet. I don't even know when we are going to get it because it is already mid-July and I've heard nothing from my school yet about the certificates. UNISA's applications are opening in either September or August (refer to pic below, hoping it's real and not fake news) and I want to be one of the first to apply to get a space for next year. So can you apply with your statement of results or do you have to use a Matric Certificate to apply? P.S I will also add the other certificates I've earned this year and testimonials I got from last year to apply, my main worry here is about the results/certificate thing.

application.jpg
Thanks in advance for the help!

Kind Regards
PrimeSteak

ld13

Honorary Master
I applied with my statement of results, but that was like a decade ago. Went down to the Department of Education and got a more official printout and applied for a reprint from Umalusi.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Hey guys, so I was wondering, is it possible to use your statement of results to apply to universities? I matriculated last year and of course got my statement of results, but I haven't got my actual Matric Certificate yet. I don't even know when we are going to get it because it is already mid-July and I've heard nothing from my school yet about the certificates. UNISA's applications are opening in either September or August (refer to pic below, hoping it's real and not fake news) and I want to be one of the first to apply to get a space for next year. So can you apply with your statement of results or do you have to use a Matric Certificate to apply? P.S I will also add the other certificates I've earned this year and testimonials I got from last year to apply, my main worry here is about the results/certificate thing.

View attachment 1109876
Thanks in advance for the help!

Kind Regards
PrimeSteak

I applied to university while I was in matric. The university accepted grade 11 reports.
My matric certificate was only available around June or July after matric, I would expect that the class of 2020's certificates will come even later.
I applied for honours with a statement of my under graduate results, and it wasn't an issue.

Good luck to you.

PrimeSteak

I applied to university while I was in matric.
I also did at the end of November last year, used my Sept marks for it. Got rejected in the end because of UNISA not having more spaces. That's why I'm applying now, lol

ld13

Honorary Master
What do you mean by this?

After the Matric exam we simply got a small strip of paper with our results (cut from an A4). Nothing official. I then missed the window to get the actual certificate from the school, and it was in transit back to the department etc etc, so I had no choice but to request an official statement of results (it was available immediately as they printed it out and stamped it afaik) as a stop-gap.

PrimeSteak

After the Matric exam we simply got a small strip of paper with our results (cut from an A4). Nothing official. I then missed the window to get the actual certificate from the school, and it was in transit back to the department etc etc, so I had no choice but to request an official statement of results (it was available immediately as they printed it out and stamped it afaik) as a stop-gap.
Ohhhhhh ok, luckily I got the official statement of results. I'm considering asking the gov for a certificate at the start of August if the school doesn't say anything

PrimeSteak

UPDATE: When applying to uni, like with UNISA for example, do you have to beëdig (I don't know the English for this, sorry) all of your docs like your ID, matric certificate, earned certificates from Edx, etc? Or is it purely optional?

ld13

Honorary Master
UPDATE: When applying to uni, like with UNISA for example, do you have to beëdig (I don't know the English for this, sorry) all of your docs like your ID, matric certificate, earned certificates from Edx, etc? Or is it purely optional?

Personally I would certify all the documents yes.