Aramex global shopper

Rohela

My package showed up on the AGS website 2 days ago and I uploaded the commercial invoice. Since then there has been no communication with me or request to make any payments. Just wondering if that is normal.

feo

Honorary Master
My package showed up on the AGS website 2 days ago and I uploaded the commercial invoice. Since then there has been no communication with me or request to make any payments. Just wondering if that is normal.

Yeah, sometimes you gotta call them to see some activity. They seem to be very slack lately.

Rohela

Yeah, sometimes you gotta call them to see some activity. They seem to be very slack lately.
Just 10 min after posting I got a call from Aramex applogosing for the delay and that the person working on the package forgot to close the manifest and this casused a delay.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I would be very surprised if someone at Aramex doesn't monitor this thread. We are a very good way of getting a good idea on customer satisfaction.

I have one parcel sent in error to Ghana 9352945291 that has no shipping info since Christmas eve.
That pisses me off and I will soon claim.

I have one parcel in customs since 11 January 9276140930. Each day it gets scanned but there is no movement.

The other 9 shipments seem to be coming through no hassles. I hope it stays that way.

RVR

Expert Member
Hi guys

If i order something around $29 from the US.

How much you think aramex shipping/customs would be?

Is there a way to get a definite price

Rohela

From my past experience with all courier services is if the parcel is under R500 there is no tax on that parcel.

RVR

Expert Member
From my past experience with all courier services is if the parcel is under R500 there is no tax on that parcel.
I used PBC last time I bought from the US and I paid $29 for a product.. .but then in total everything came too R900.... That concerns me lol.

Never used aramex global shopper before

Rohela

I used AGS for the first time last week. But all my orders for stores in China come with Aramex and I have never paid tax or duties for orders under R500. I can't say anything about gobal shopper yet.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Important update on Low Value Import Shipments
We would like to inform you of a recent change in the customs clearance process for low value import shipments.
Currently, a single shipment valued under R 500 (ZAR) is considered a low value import shipment and does not require formal customs clearance or incur custom duties. It has come to our attention that multiple shipments, under different waybills but received on the same date, import manifest and flight, are combined by SARS for the purpose of assessing the total value of importation into South Africa.
The value of each shipment is converted from the original currency to assess the total value. In the event the total value of the combined shipments is more than R 500 (ZAR), then the shipments have to go through a formal customs clearance process with SARS.
A typical example of this enforcement of multiple shipments received for the same importer on the same date and import manifest and flight is as follows:
Shipment 1: R 250 (ZAR)
Shipment 2: R 300 (ZAR)
Total Value: R 550 (ZAR)
Based on the above example, SARS will require the shipments to go through a formal customs clearance process. Custom duties calculated based on the product description, and customs VAT at a rate of 15% will be applicable.
If you require further clarification or additional guidance, please contact the Aramex Global Shopper customer service team on jnb@aramexglobalshopper.com

Sheks

Does anyone know who to contact to find out what's going on... stuff is just sitting awaiting customs clearance.

Rohela

I have the same issue my package arrived in SA 28 Jan but it hasn't been updated on the app or online I phoned AGS this morning they said my package has to go through the formal clearance. Any ideas who to contact.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Does anyone know who to contact to find out what's going on... stuff is just sitting awaiting customs clearance.
I have the same issue my package arrived in SA 28 Jan but it hasn't been updated on the app or online I phoned AGS this morning they said my package has to go through the formal clearance. Any ideas who to contact.
Customs is very backlogged at the moment. Unfortunately there is very little Aramex can do when this happens, but you can email jnb@aramexglobalshopper.com with your shipment details and ask them for an update.

lived666

Executive Member
Customs is very backlogged at the moment. Unfortunately there is very little Aramex can do when this happens, but you can email jnb@aramexglobalshopper.com with your shipment details and ask them for an update.

hahahahaha Dee still defending Aramex. Really, customs backlogged, since when?:unsure:
Not with UPS or DHL or FEDEX .
Heck, customs are soo efficient that UPS are clearing parcels still on route.

It's not customs that are backlogged, its Aramex being completely and utterly useless as usual.

Rohela

hahahahaha Dee still defending Aramex. Really, customs backlogged, since when?:unsure:

It's not customs that are backlogged, its Aramex being completely and utterly useless as usual.
I would have to agree with you about Aramex. I have had a package come from gearbest via Buffalo express and I paid duties before it even reached South Africa.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member

Lived666 is still, as always, livid at Aramex Global Shopper.
Yes, they are backlogged. Whether it is at customs or at AGS is uncertain - I can only go on what they tell me.
Perhaps the delay is that the Aramex Express parcels are getting priority. They should, as the Express people pay a lot more than the Aramex Global Shopper people.
Maybe the delay is at customs and is due to DHL, UPS, Fedex and even Buffalo parcels joining ahead of the AGS parcels. So be it - AGS is a slow service and we just have to sit patiently and wait, because the alternative is to also join the Express route and that costs more money.
It all boils down to "You get what you pay for."
Sure we can complain, and yes, a lot of people at Aramex Global Shopper could do with some serious training, but if it all gets too much you know you can go elsewhere, just like lived666 did.

lived666

Executive Member
yeah, I went elsewhere, probably pay less than Aramex and get my parcels in +- 3 days :)

Anyhow yeah the only reason there would be any delay is because AGS are frikken useless

bear101

So I want to try AGS for the 1st time and order some items that Amazon does not ship to SA.

I have ordered from Amazon and Aramex handled the parcel from USA to South Africa, and Aramex SA delivered to my address, so the question is, if I send parcel via AGS USA and when it gets to South Africa and to customs and after doing the payments etc. who handles the parcel after? does it go through SAPO or Aramex SA and will they deliver it to my address.

Rohela

So I want to try AGS for the 1st time and order some items that Amazon does not ship to SA.

I have ordered from Amazon and Aramex handled the parcel from USA to South Africa, and Aramex SA delivered to my address, so the question is, if I send parcel via AGS USA and when it gets to South Africa and to customs and after doing the payments etc. who handles the parcel after? does it go through SAPO or Aramex SA and will they deliver it to my address.
Aramex SA