Aramex global shopper

Sheks

I have the same issue my package arrived in SA 28 Jan but it hasn't been updated on the app or online I phoned AGS this morning they said my package has to go through the formal clearance. Any ideas who to contact.

Seems like it's utter chaos - god only knows when the stuff will clear. I'm holding thumbs that my parcel that was supposed to be delivered on the 23rd of January 2019 arrives before the individuals birthday on the 8th of February.

See below the e-mail received from the stops clerk two days ago:

Good day

Please note we are pending customs feedback on this

This is the email we go this morning from them

Good Day

I hereby acknowledge receipt of all your submissions back-dated.
We have not lost or deleted any of them.
I thus hereby humbly and kindly request that you refrain from re-submitting already submitted documents.
Instead, with the support of you Manager compile a list of HAWB#’s and submit this list to Cecil Kordom as “escalation”.
We are doing our utmost best to catch up and provide Reports/Releases as accurately and speedily as possible.

Thanking you in advance,

SpiderGear

Soo... Amazon delivered a package on Monday at the NY depot, but nothing is showing up yet on the AGS website?
Is this normal to wait 3 days before it gets added?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Soo... Amazon delivered a package on Monday at the NY depot, but nothing is showing up yet on the AGS website?
I think New York and Hong Kong must be the busiest Origins, followed by Slough and Shanghai.
It's not just us they deal with, but parcels from all countries in the world (minus a couple of countries for bad behaviour).
Sometimes things get listed super-fast and placed on a flight even faster. Other times you wait and sweat.
I also know that the details you see on the AGS website are not entered by Johannesburg but by the Origin, as I once uploaded an invoice for a Shanghai shipment at 4am and within moments it went from "Need Invoice" to "In Account". Shanghai are 6 hours ahead of us, y'see.

Rohela

It seem Aramex has lost my phone it left Dubai on the 29th of January and follow up everyday and get told it's in transit, unless someone is walking it to SA its gone. Not happy being a first time user.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
It seem Aramex has lost my phone it left Dubai on the 29th of January and follow up everyday and get told it's in transit, unless someone is walking it to SA its gone. Not happy being a first time user.
If you have tracking, then your phone is not lost. They might not be able to scan while in customs as it should be stored in a high value area, so you will have a gap of a couple of days where no information is logged.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Just a reminder for people who use Far East Origins that it is Chinese New Year, where things come to a halt.
Shanghai might not move things for two weeks, so be prepared. I can't speak for a busier Origin such as Hong Kong, but I think there will be a delay getting things to JHB from there too.

Rohela

If you have tracking, then your phone is not lost. They might not be able to scan while in customs as it should be stored in a high value area, so you will have a gap of a couple of days where no information is logged.

They have no record of it being scanned into South Africa customs told me it was never received at the warehouse. Spoke to someone this morning and they are starting an investigation on it's whereabouts.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
They have no record of it being scanned into South Africa customs told me it was never received at the warehouse. Spoke to someone this morning and they are starting an investigation on it's whereabouts.
Oh that's awful. Did you ever get a tracking number for the shipment?

Rohela

The tracking works up to the point where it tells me the package left Dubai on the 29th after that no updates.

JACK05

Waiting for aramex parcel that arrived 20 DEC at customs . Paid fees 3 weeks ago still aramex has not got parcel going never had an issue with Again deliveries up to now but what I did pick up it depends largely on who is assigned to work on d package current package has a useless agent

Rohela

There is a known issue of mobile phones being stolen before coming to S.A
What upsets me is they will waste a month with their investigation and by than the Rand will be screwed and even if I have to rebuy it, I will be paying even more

Deanza

Same thing happened to me last week, AGS Jhb told me to wait 3 working days, "which is normal" and only then will they query it with NY. AGS App tracking is also way behind. An event from yesterday morning only showed on the tracking today.

SpiderGear

Looks like the AGS website is broken..

I get a "Could not load data. Please try again later " when I try and view my packages

RVR

Expert Member
Hi

Do they allow grouping? Like more than one item or only ship one.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Hi

Do they allow grouping? Like more than one item or only ship one.
I do this very successfully via Shanghai.
1) Pay the R1500 Flex membership
2) Order from wherever you want in one go. In other words, get all your orders placed at one time.
3) Settle back and pray they get to the Origin address on the same day, as they get weighed together as one parcel.

This only works with an Origin address that is not that busy (not Hong Kong or UK) and it is only for Flex customers.

RVR

Expert Member
I do this very successfully via Shanghai.
1) Pay the R1500 Flex membership
2) Order from wherever you want in one go. In other words, get all your orders placed at one time.
3) Settle back and pray they get to the Origin address on the same day, as they get weighed together as one parcel.

This only works with an Origin address that is not that busy (not Hong Kong or UK) and it is only for Flex customers.
Thanks!

Is aramex still having issues with deliveries?

I want to order something now but see people having some problems