Aramex global shopper

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Thanks!

Is aramex still having issues with deliveries?

I want to order something now but see people having some problems

Have you tried the app? It works the same as online.

You can also use the Shop & Ship app. This international app mirrors the South African app. It is also better than the SA Aramex Global Shopper app as it tells you at a glance how many hours / days ago your shipment was last scanned.

RVR

Expert Member
Have you tried the app? It works the same as online.

You can also use the Shop & Ship app. This international app mirrors the South African app. It is also better than the SA Aramex Global Shopper app as it tells you at a glance how many hours / days ago your shipment was last scanned.
I have the app and seems to be working but have you seen your items moving along? Like haven't been stuck or so.

RVR

Expert Member
Going to make my first order with AGS, do I just add the shipping address on my profile eg. USA address to the site I'm buying from and does aramex inform me when the package has been received to them

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Any idea what the charges will be for ordering a few boxes of protein bars?
It's going to be interesting to see if you get away with it.

You cannot import perishables:
Foodstuffs, Perishable Food Articles, Beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control.

Protein bars seem not to fall under this as they don't easily perish and have long sell by dates. However... They are foodstuffs. Grey area.

As to the weight? Buy an equivalent locally, weigh it and times it by how many bars you intend to bring in.

Then calculate weight on the Aramex Global Shopper home page.

Jughead12

It's going to be interesting to see if you get away with it.

You cannot import perishables:
Foodstuffs, Perishable Food Articles, Beverages requiring refrigeration or other environmental control.

Protein bars seem not to fall under this as they don't easily perish and have long sell by dates. However... They are foodstuffs. Grey area.

As to the weight? Buy an equivalent locally, weigh it and times it by how many bars you intend to bring in.

Then calculate weight on the Aramex Global Shopper home page.

Will the bars be classified as supplements?? If so then it will be 20% duties and 15% vat

Crusader

Expert Member
This is not Global Shopper specific, but I've recently ordered from Amazon and they use Aramax for delivery. Has anyone experienced that Aramax is extremely slow in delivering packages locally? It takes about twice as long for the package to get from Joburg to the George area than it takes for the package to get from the US to SA and going through customs. Package is was released from customs 2 days ago and now shows as "delayed in transit" in PE. Not sure what that even means.

Also has anyone run into that whole 3 import packages allowed before having to register as an importer issue?

Has anyone ordered anything from swappa with Aramex before?

After the sale on swappa I got given a usps tracking number which, If I check, says that it has arrived at the springfield gardens branch. Now, a package from the same swappa seller has been added to my aramex account, but the shipping number is completely different and the cost of goods is also completely different to the thing I ordered on swappa. Is it possible that someone elses swappa package, from the same seller, has accidentally been labelled as mine?

Or could the swappa seller have accidentally given me the wrong tracking number?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Three parcels is the max you can import in one calendar year. When I first started my TV board business, I got to 10-ish parcels in the first year before I decided I was going to sooner or later get into trouble and got an importer / exporter code. Now I import about 60 parcels a month and send up Africa, so the importers / exporters code was really necessary, even if it was a pain to do.

Regarding what you see on the email you get from Aramex and online on their webpage.
The amount see is a guesstimate. They do not have your invoice yet as you have not uploaded it, so they guess the price. The tracking number should be the tracking number written on the parcel, but Royal Mail and UPS sometimes replace the tracking number with another tracking number. If the tracking number is different, ask Johannesburg to ask the Origin address for a photo of the parcel. No Aramex employee can open the parcel to check contents without a customs officer being present, but they sure can send you a nice clear photo (but usually send you a grainy black & white one). Oh well.

The amount see is a guesstimate. They do not have your invoice yet as you have not uploaded it, so they guess the price. The tracking number should be the tracking number written on the parcel, but Royal Mail and UPS sometimes replace the tracking number with another tracking number. If the tracking number is different, ask Johannesburg to ask the Origin address for a photo of the parcel. No Aramex employee can open the parcel to check contents without a customs officer being present, but they sure can send you a nice clear photo (but usually send you a grainy black & white one). Oh well.

Ah interesting, I thought they couldn't open the packages so I was surprised about the `cost of goods` at all. But if its an estimate that totally makes sense. I'll definitely call them and get a pic. If its got my name on it, it's probably mine I guess :p

Leader

Anyone know if the NY office accepts deliveries on Saturday?

Working hours says only Mon to Friday.

Rohela

Spoke to Aramex about the claim and now I am being that I might not be paid out the full value of my phone even though I opted for AGS protect. This company is full of **** and would never recommend them to anyone ever in my life. The reason they might not pay out is that the value of my item was too high. What a boat load of C**TS.

Sayf777

Expert Member
Spoke to Aramex about the claim and now I am being that I might not be paid out the full value of my phone even though I opted for AGS protect. This company is full of **** and would never recommend them to anyone ever in my life. The reason they might not pay out is that the value of my item was too high. What a boat load of C**TS.
Have you checked the T&Cs for AGS protect?
If there isn't such an exception then they can't refuse the full value?

Rohela

The whole thing behind the AGS protect is to insure for the full amount and I can't find any execptions in the clause that would apply in this case

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
The whole thing behind the AGS protect is to insure for the full amount and I can't find any execptions in the clause that would apply in this case
You don't know for sure that you won't be paid out the full amount. From what I read from your comments you are going on what one person says.
Rather contact the accounts department and ask them for a payment summary. See if they have got that far.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Shipment Payment Details:
Shipment Charges 215.00 ZAR
Discount (21.50) ZAR
Additional Services 0.00 ZAR
VAT/GST 0.00 ZAR
Total Shipment Charges 193.50 ZAR
Customs Duty 1,524.16 ZAR
Total customs duty 1,524.16 ZAR
Grand Total 1,717.66 ZAR

This is on an amount of ¥264.00 or R549.00 :rolleyes:
Needless to say I reordered, and this parcel can just sit there and gather its own pyramid of dust while the poepels at Aramex figure out their assets from elbows.

RVR

Expert Member
Shipment Payment Details:
Shipment Charges 215.00 ZAR
Discount (21.50) ZAR
Additional Services 0.00 ZAR
VAT/GST 0.00 ZAR
Total Shipment Charges 193.50 ZAR
Customs Duty 1,524.16 ZAR
Total customs duty 1,524.16 ZAR
Grand Total 1,717.66 ZAR

This is on an amount of ¥264.00 or R549.00 :rolleyes:
Needless to say I reordered, and this parcel can just sit there and gather its own pyramid of dust while the poepels at Aramex figure out their assets from elbows.
This is not looking good... That much customs on that total amount

And I was going to use them for an ebay purchase for like $40

Alternatives?

Colsuldel

So my package was updated as cleared from customs, now Aramex is sending me a mail that they undercharged me by
60% and I need to EFT the outstanding amount.
Only attachment to their mail is their Banking details.