Aramex global shopper

RVR

Expert Member
I have an issue, how does one buy from ebay and upload the "commercial invoice" I asked the seller if he could send me one and he got like spooked and decided not to sell me the item after all. I don't blame him but I'm really annoyed that I cant just attach image of my PayPal receipt or something?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
When you order, look online at the Aramex Global Shopper website, If you click on the shipping number you will be taken to a more comprehensive page that shows shipping details. At the bottom of this page is a section saying UPLOAD INVOICE. Click on the CHOOSE FILE rectangle. If paying by PayPal use the PayPal invoice they email you.
If you have opted out of getting emails from PayPal, use the snipping tool on your computer and save a .jpg copy of the invoice you received. Upload this.
DO NOT upload screenshots or send .png images - Aramex reject these.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
So my package was updated as cleared from customs, now Aramex is sending me a mail that they undercharged me by
60% and I need to EFT the outstanding amount.
Only attachment to their mail is their Banking details.
Phone Aramex on 011 457 3000 or 011 457 3197 or 011 457 3289. You can also email them by going to the online details at the bottom of the parcel summary and submit a customer care request.
Ask to speak to someone in the Aramex Global Shopper invoicing team.
Once there, ask them to please email you a breakdown of these revised charges.
You should get the the SAD500 customs declaration form and the SAD500 Worksheet. If there are any additional information required they will also email you the SAD507.
Their customs worksheet will give you the tarriff they used to clear your shipment.
Ensure this is correct. by looking here:
http://www.sars.gov.za/AllDocs/LegalDoclib/SCEA1964/LAPD-LPrim-Tariff-2012-04 - Schedule No 1 Part 1 Chapters 1 to 99.pdf
Make sure your shipment was cleared in the correct currency.
If something is not correct, fight.

SeaSickMama

Expert Member
had a item shipping to the shanghai offices and on the tracking app it says signed at 5:42am or something on the tracking site but its past monday already and its not loaded onto the AGS site. Do they sometimes take some time for the item to be loaded ?

Colsuldel

Phone Aramex on 011 457 3000 or 011 457 3197 or 011 457 3289. You can also email them by going to the online details at the bottom of the parcel summary and submit a customer care request.
Ask to speak to someone in the Aramex Global Shopper invoicing team.
Once there, ask them to please email you a breakdown of these revised charges.
You should get the the SAD500 customs declaration form and the SAD500 Worksheet. If there are any additional information required they will also email you the SAD507.
Their customs worksheet will give you the tarriff they used to clear your shipment.
Ensure this is correct. by looking here:
http://www.sars.gov.za/AllDocs/LegalDoclib/SCEA1964/LAPD-LPrim-Tariff-2012-04 - Schedule No 1 Part 1 Chapters 1 to 99.pdf
Make sure your shipment was cleared in the correct currency.
If something is not correct, fight.

Thanks for the info DEE, seems that they wiped my previous shipping history, because I'm sure they used to make available
the invoice from customs on the website together with the payment request.
I did ask them to provide the info on e-mail last night, now there were some internal mails being sent around
today, but nothing coming my way yet.
The next issue I raised is that they now require an EFT transfer for this supposed error from me,
whereas I only want to deal with Paypal, no response for that. I dont want to be a twa.t but I can see this will become
another issue.

I can see this dragging on forever, looks like my package wont make it before my holiday. bastards.

RVR

Expert Member
Have any of you just uploaded your PayPal receipt and it went fine or were problems with customs? Under the invoice tab.

Colsuldel

Have any of you just uploaded your PayPal receipt and it went fine or were problems with customs? Under the invoice tab.
I paid the customs fees via the site on Paypal, then after is was cleared Aramex said they undercharged me by 60%.

but anyway good news is they went ahead and delivered the package, yet to receive the proof of under charge.

RVR

Expert Member
I paid the customs fees via the site on Paypal, then after is was cleared Aramex said they undercharged me by 60%.

but anyway good news is they went ahead and delivered the package, yet to receive the proof of under charge.
I meant what receipt did you upload for the invoice?
I was told to upload some commercial invoice but all I have Is my PayPal receipt

Last edited:

Colsuldel

I was told to upload some commercial invoice but all I have Is my PayPal receipt

I uploaded a commercial invoice that I downloaded from the site I ordered from.
This is required for customs clearance(to speed up the process).

Do they not e-mail you a invoice?

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Your PayPal receipt will do as an invoice as it shown how much you paid and what it is for.
You could also have copied the picture and amount seen in your eBay purchase history and uploaded that.
All Aramex want is you to show them what it is you bought, as they cannot open parcels themselves.

RVR

Expert Member
Your PayPal receipt will do as an invoice as it shown how much you paid and what it is for.
You could also have copied the picture and amount seen in your eBay purchase history and uploaded that.
All Aramex want is you to show them what it is you bought, as they cannot open parcels themselves.
Thank you!

My package has been delivered but waiting for it to show up on the site

RVR

Expert Member
Any promo code for shipping charges? I had one last year but didn't use it and it expired.

Jughead12

My parcel is taking so long at customs. It's over the 3rd working day at customs. It says clearance in progress since Wednesday/Thursday. I've never had a parcel take so long at customs

AntennaMan

Expert Member
These people are tiring.
From their own website FAQ's:
1551864332281.png

So my family sent an old Kindle they weren't using. So seeing as AGS state they can bring in parcels from family, I made use of them. Now they want a commercial invoice for SARS. I really don't know what to do.
I'm willing to pay VAT or customs if required, but I don't have an invoice. I was willing to go to SAPS and do a sworn affidavit, but no, not good enough.

Any ideas?

Tinuva

The Magician
These people are tiring.
View attachment 628354

So my family sent an old Kindle they weren't using. So seeing as AGS state they can bring in parcels from family, I made use of them. Now they want a commercial invoice for SARS. I really don't know what to do.
I'm willing to pay VAT or customs if required, but I don't have an invoice. I was willing to go to SAPS and do a sworn affidavit, but no, not good enough.

Any ideas?
Do your family have a copy of the original order or invoice, you know the proof for themselves that they bought it? Get a copy of that, and upload it to the shipment on AGS site. Its exactly what I did when a family sent an item to my AGS address.

martin

Expert Member
These people are tiring.
View attachment 628354

Any ideas?

I had a case like this - a warranty claim to Fitbit. My new Fitbit was shipped via AGS because at that stage replacement Fitbits could only be sent to American addresses. Fitbit could not generate an invoice for me however as this was a warranty claim. I got creative and created my own invoice stating the replacement value. Not ideal and I can't recommend doing this but I had no other choice at the time and I was honest about the value so I don't feel like anyone was cheated.

AndrewCraig

Don't quite know what you are referring to, but I was never asked for any company details when I obtained my import / export code.
Sure, it was a bitch to get (you have to 100% follow the instructions in this thread on how to do it), but that piece of paper is in my name, not any companies.
I Have been asked for imported code, ID and proof of payment.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
I Have been asked for imported code, ID and proof of payment.
I assume you got this love letter:

Kindly note that your shipment 9276172942 has been detained by customs.

The below documentation is required to initiate the release process:

1. Importers code or ID number if no code is available;

2. Commercial invoice OR Order confirmation

3. Proof of payment in the form of a bank statement with this transaction clearly marked (bank statement should include account holder details : name, surname and the bank logo must show )

Kindly note this a new request from customs, the shipment will not be released if the required info is not submitted

If your shipment is for samples or a gift kindly submit a formal letter in PDF form addressed as below stating that the shipment consist of samples or gifts and there were no monies exchanged.

What you now need to do is obtain a bank statement showing the payment. If you don't get your bank statements emailed (and have photo editing on your computer to edit out the personal amounts on the bank statement), just use a permanent marker pen and draw lines through the amounts on the printed copy the bank gives you. Take a photograph of the section showing what you bought, and send that to Aramex.
Also send the invoice you received from PayPal or your supplier, or make a copy of the item bought in your eBay / Amazon Purchase History.
Lastly, you send them a certified copy of your ID. This is not hard to do, any Post Office can certify your ID.