Aramex global shopper

Rohela

Many have had success unfortunately I am not one of them and have been battling with them for the past 3 months.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
From reading the last four or so pages, it seems AGS is a no-no?
Despite everything you read here, they are still the cheapest way of getting a parcel from overseas.
Yes, we complain bitterly when things go wrong, but the majority you don't hear from as they got their shipments without hassles.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Since when does Aramex take a photo of the recipient when they deliver?

They attempted to deliver to my office just now but left with the parcel because I was not available so they can take a photo of me??
Sure, as hell a good way of the driver proving you got the shipment.

Tinuva

The Magician

They attempted to deliver to my office just now but left with the parcel because I was not available so they can take a photo of me??
Hmm. I like stuff getting delivered to reception...

The_Imp_ZA

The guy that does my route hates this requirement, and I'm not joking, takes a photo of his feet every time he delivers something to me. It's absolutely hilarious. He's a cool dude, fight the man, bro.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
The guy that does my route hates this requirement, and I'm not joking, takes a photo of his feet every time he delivers something to me. It's absolutely hilarious. He's a cool dude, fight the man, bro.
Anthony on the Northern Suburbs of Cape Town route has no such requirement. He is owner/driver contracted to Aramex, so that may be it. I always have to sign his Honeywell hand-held machine.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
So I just received a phone call from someone at Aramex Global Shopper in Johannesburg.
"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but customs noticed you have imported more than 3 items a year and the system has noticed your ID and kicked your latest shipment out.."
I said; "So? I have an importers code and import over 20 items a month. I am a Flex customer."
"Oh, he says, immediately cheering up. Let me check the system."

Besides the face-palm incident, it does show that the system will get you if you think you can import more than three items a year using just your ID.

Tinuva

The Magician
Damnit. Looks like I will have to go through the mission then to get a code.

Jughead12

So I just received a phone call from someone at Aramex Global Shopper in Johannesburg.
"I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but customs noticed you have imported more than 3 items a year and the system has noticed your ID and kicked your latest shipment out.."
I said; "So? I have an importers code and import over 20 items a month. I am a Flex customer."
"Oh, he says, immediately cheering up. Let me check the system."

Besides the face-palm incident, it does show that the system will get you if you think you can import more than three items a year using just your ID.
That doesn't make sense. We are paying customs on our orders and we ordering for personal use. Thats crazy. I imported more than 3 orders last year. And already this year I've ordered more than 3

Tinuva

The Magician
That doesn't make sense. We are paying customs on our orders and we ordering for personal use. Thats crazy. I imported more than 3 orders last year. And already this year I've ordered more than 3
Well same for me last year. But this year, literally on my 4th order the item seems stuck at customs. So I am making a plan to go visit sars customs on monday. Not looking forward to it...but will have all docs on me and hope for the best I have everything they want.

Jughead12

Well same for me last year. But this year, literally on my 4th order the item seems stuck at customs. So I am making a plan to go visit sars customs on monday. Not looking forward to it...but will have all docs on me and hope for the best I have everything they want.
I have my problematic parcel coming through with myus. I hope it doesn't give me trouble as this parcel has already costed me so much more than I planned

The_Imp_ZA

Guys, is AGS Flex worth it? I mainly import small items less than $10 like games from eBay. Although there are obvious savings on shipping, I don't know if I'm going to use it enough to justify the cost.

Thoughts?

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that effective 28th March 2019, the South African Revenue Services (SARS) is to begin a work stoppage due to a deadlock in wage negotiation with the National Education, Health and Allied Workers Union (NEHAWU) and Public Servant Association (PSA). Unfortunately, at this stage no indication has been given on the expected duration of the work stoppage.

This will affect all international shipments that require formal customs clearance destined for South Africa for the duration of the work stoppage, it will also potentially result in additional backlogs of shipments and delay in processing times.

The Aramex Global Shopper team will continue to operate as normal and will work to minimize any disruptions that are within our control.

Xiphan

So I haven't used AGS in a while, but the other day I finally found a seller on eBay willing to ship to my Shanghai address. I thought score! I won't have to wait for ever to get the parcel through the Post Office. Except now I am dealing with the following; the parcel appears loaded on my AGS account...

aramex.png
But if I try view the shipment I get this:

1554272973919.png

WTF? Is this happening to anyone else? I also get emails telling me to speed up the process I should upload the invoice, but how the #$!@ can I do that if the site isn't working properly?! Fortunately I was able to make payment through the app when I was eventually told to do so, but seriously what the hell is going on with AGS? Did they become an SOE since I last used them? :mad:

Tinuva

The Magician
So I haven't used AGS in a while, but the other day I finally found a seller on eBay willing to ship to my Shanghai address. I thought score! I won't have to wait for ever to get the parcel through the Post Office. Except now I am dealing with the following; the parcel appears loaded on my AGS account...

View attachment 641278
But if I try view the shipment I get this:

View attachment 641280

WTF? Is this happening to anyone else? I also get emails telling me to speed up the process I should upload the invoice, but how the #$!@ can I do that if the site isn't working properly?! Fortunately I was able to make payment through the app when I was eventually told to do so, but seriously what the hell is going on with AGS? Did they become an SOE since I last used them? :mad:
Turn off your adblocker.

Tinuva

The Magician
Dear Valued Customer,

Please note that effective 28th March 2019, the South African Revenue Services (SARS) is to begin a work stoppage due to a deadlock in wage negotiation with the National Education, Health and Allied Workers Union (NEHAWU) and Public Servant Association (PSA). Unfortunately, at this stage no indication has been given on the expected duration of the work stoppage.

This will affect all international shipments that require formal customs clearance destined for South Africa for the duration of the work stoppage, it will also potentially result in additional backlogs of shipments and delay in processing times.

The Aramex Global Shopper team will continue to operate as normal and will work to minimize any disruptions that are within our control.
According to the SARS Facebook page, most offices are open again a day later, so that notice on AGS site is outdated.

Xiphan

Turn off your adblocker.

Thanks. I fixed it by creating the following rule in uBlock Origin:

Code:
@@||www.aramexglobalshopper.com/api/tracking/$xmlhttprequest,domain=www.aramexglobalshopper.com

Tinuva

The Magician
Thanks. I fixed it by creating the following rule in uBlock Origin:

Code:
@@||www.aramexglobalshopper.com/api/tracking/$xmlhttprequest,domain=www.aramexglobalshopper.com
ok. Thats a lot of work. Easier to just disable it on that 1 website, which dont show ads anyways. But glad you got it working now.

lived666

Executive Member
I haven't used these clowns for about 2 - 3 years anyhow they message me a couple of months ago that I have a parcel at the depot I must send them the invoice - so I reply sorry not my parcel. They message me again a couple of weeks later, I go sorry not my parcel, they message me again about a week or so ago that they going to move the parcel to state warehouse. I tell them do what you want but you costing someone their parcel.

I did ask them for a photo to see where its from and who the parcel is really for but that would take some effort on their part to get off their chair, pick up a cell phone etc, soooo much effort, so that didn't happen.