Aramex global shopper

howardb

Expert Member
Just a heads up.

Don't use Aramex Globals New York address, just got off the phone with them and there is a 2-4 week delay due to the situation over there. Initially I thought it wont be a issue because their email communications just said a 7 day delay.
She also confirmed some packages are being forwarded to dubai in bulk to get handled there.

PS Package arrived at them on the 25 June will keep everyone updated.
Thanks, got a second package that was only delivered to NY late last week, so can't do much now but wait ;)
The earlier 2 June package is already in JHB now (via Dubai), but waiting for the JHB facility to start processing again.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
Just a heads up.

Don't use Aramex Globals New York address...
Ebay sellers and Amazon won't send elsewhere, so it is a case of order and wait.
My parcel was delivered 18th June and was in system 29th June, so not so bad now.
Joburg were back working as from yesterday as I have 2 parcels out for delivery today - and I'm in Cape Town.

Alkern

I see a lot of hellopeter complaints against AGS (i.e the worst shipper of all https://www.hellopeter.com/aramex-south-africa). What's the consensus on their service from MyBB? Are the complainers just being over optimistic on delivery times to SA or the general suckyness of SARS?

Maybe some advice on minimum order sizes and countries that work? I hear some people recommend telling the supplier to leave the invoice out of the package.

Some back ground, I generally order small electronic items (~R100) from ebay/banggood/gearbest, and wait 3-6 months to arrive (9/10 do). I'd like to combine orders over a period of time, and have it reliably delivered to SA with a little more indication of where they are.

Any advice?

Snyper564

Executive Member
I see a lot of hellopeter complaints against AGS (i.e the worst shipper of all https://www.hellopeter.com/aramex-south-africa). What's the consensus on their service from MyBB? Are the complainers just being over optimistic on delivery times to SA or the general suckyness of SARS?

Maybe some advice on minimum order sizes and countries that work? I hear some people recommend telling the supplier to leave the invoice out of the package.

Some back ground, I generally order small electronic items (~R100) from ebay/banggood/gearbest, and wait 3-6 months to arrive (9/10 do). I'd like to combine orders over a period of time, and have it reliably delivered to SA with a little more indication of where they are.

Any advice?
why not use buffalo?

Alkern

why not use buffalo?
No reason. I'm just looking out for some options now that my incoming parcels are being delayed in the Pandemic. Thanks for the tip! Just did a search on MyBB, will do a little research. Other than the normal TAX/VAT costs do you know what they charge? Their website (http://www.buffaloex.com/ ?) is quite sparse.

Any other sage advice?

Tinuva

The Magician
No reason. I'm just looking out for some options now that my incoming parcels are being delayed in the Pandemic. Thanks for the tip! Just did a search on MyBB, will do a little research. Other than the normal TAX/VAT costs do you know what they charge? Their website (http://www.buffaloex.com/ ?) is quite sparse.

Any other sage advice?
When you order on banggood, choose the SA Direct or SA Direct (tax included) option. When you do that, the package is shipped using Buffalo. Much cheaper than EMS or other couriers, and also much faster than SAPO.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
When you order on banggood, choose the SA Direct or SA Direct (tax included) option. When you do that, the package is shipped using Buffalo. Much cheaper than EMS or other couriers, and also much faster than SAPO.
Someone on another thread said Buffalo use Paxit in SA and deliver to the nearest Pep store rather than to your door. This would not be nice for me as Pep is in an unsafe arcade and I don't walk well.

Tinuva

The Magician
Someone on another thread said Buffalo use Paxit in SA and deliver to the nearest Pep store rather than to your door. This would not be nice for me as Pep is in an unsafe arcade and I don't walk well.
Really? Can you link to the post? I cant find it using search.

Tinuva

The Magician
This is from a closed forum, but I think its more accurate:

Screenshot from 2020-06-30 17-09-49.png

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
Really? Can you link to the post? I cant find it using search.
They do use paxi for the more rural deliveries. If your unlucky, the nearest pep is one town over...

I have not had a buffalo delivery not come to my door, and the person doing the delivery is an independent contractor and does not work for buffalo directly. I guess their last mile differs between cities and towns

Tinuva

The Magician
They do use paxi for the more rural deliveries. If your unlucky, the nearest pep is one town over...

I have not had a buffalo delivery not come to my door, and the person doing the delivery is an independent contractor and does not work for buffalo directly. I guess their last mile differs between cities and towns
Ah ok see now that explanation makes a lot more sense to me.
Good thing I am not rural and if they think I am, there is a pep really close by.

Alkern

Thanks, in most cases the Express option is more than what I'm paying for the item. Was hoping to get a group of items shipped to a "local" address for free, then courier the the entire package to SA.

lexor

Expert Member
Just a heads up.

Don't use Aramex Globals New York address, just got off the phone with them and there is a 2-4 week delay due to the situation over there. Initially I thought it wont be a issue because their email communications just said a 7 day delay.
She also confirmed some packages are being forwarded to dubai in bulk to get handled there.

PS Package arrived at them on the 25 June will keep everyone updated.

My package was stuck in NY branch from 8/6/2020 until 28/6/2020 - now on its way to Dubai.

Soprono

Expert Member
So pre lockdown I got an SMS from Baffalo stating that my order was going to be delivered to the nearest Spar grocer to me. Left it as it's actually a decent Spar TBF.

Didn't think anything of it as it was a small item but anyways it still landed up being delivered to my door after the regulations relaxed. Another recent order through Baffalo skipped the whole "Spar pickup" thing and came straight to my door.

johnjm

Expert Member
My package was stuck in NY branch from 8/6/2020 until 28/6/2020 - now on its way to Dubai.
I'd rather have it stuck there than at customs. I've been waiting 18 days since aramex submitted the support that customs wanted

The joke is that the item costs R100 no jokes. Waste of time.

silver6933

Expert Member
They were okay, but the service levels in the last 12 months have really deteriorated.

They do not have a customer centric mechanism to deal with complaints.

I would stay away.