Aramex global shopper

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
I received an eBay order on Monday 05 July, delivered with FedEx, used MyUS for the first time after using AGS a few times. Delivery took 6 working days from when the item was received (2 weekends in between), and pricing was comparable to AGS, including customs.
Indeed looks pretty nice they do seems to have package limit count, which is weird.

As recieve lots of singles trading cards, and not sure if 1 will count towards it, even know its pretty small

Mr G

Expert Member
Indeed looks pretty nice they do seems to have package limit count, which is weird.

As recieve lots of singles trading cards, and not sure if 1 will count towards it, even know its pretty small
Not sure how it works or if there's extra costs involved for storage, as I don't plan on importing too often, but they do offer package consolidation.

From their site: "Tell us how you’d like to ship your purchases to ZA (consolidate your purchases for free to save on shipping and choose expedited or standard shipping via FedEx, UPS or DHL)."

Ghost02

Expert Member
Does anyone know how to calculate vat/import fees on headphones? Looking to import airpods and not sure how much cheaper they would land after taxes etc using AGS.

3Gee

Expert Member
Was Aramex SA operational today , i have a incoming package from NY , shipped on Saturday already.

Package status remains unchanged " in transit from NY "

howardb

Expert Member
Does anyone know if DHL Global mail via PO is working?
My wife ordered something about 3.5 months ago using this, and it eventually arrived on Thursday. Takes a while, but did get here... Tracking said it arrived at JIMC a month after it was sent, so holdup is with PO service.

Tinuva

The Magician
My wife ordered something about 3.5 months ago using this, and it eventually arrived on Thursday. Takes a while, but did get here... Tracking said it arrived at JIMC a month after it was sent, so holdup is with PO service.
sounds equally bad as using the PO directly. Ouch.

richjdavies

Expert Member
Anyone having big problems with Aramex recently?

Been 11 days waiting in customs at OR Tambo, no contact from them (not even to ask for ID, which has happened every other time Ive got a parcel!?)

Contact with them ends with a "contact this email address..." Or " we will contact you"... Which they dont!?

(not global shopper, but a parcel originally DPD that got passed to Aramex at some point!?)

Nat27

Yikes. Thanks for the info.

howardb

Expert Member
Yikes. Thanks for the info.
Considering what she paid for what she thought was DHL courier, crazy. When it hit SA, she couldn't track at all and she a rally gave up on ever receiving the parcel.
Was fully tracked outside SA, no problem.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
DHL global mail sound bid dodgy.

Below is my DHL parcel, left new York yesterday and touching down in cpt tonight and DHL delivers on Sundays sometimes so might have it tomorrow. Otherwise I'll have it Monday.

Goes from new York, Germany, Amsterdam then cpt. Flights lined up really nicely.
d7bdcd83e037b5e1521728c5add92ac6.jpg

3Gee

Expert Member
DHL global mail sound bid dodgy.

Below is my DHL parcel, left new York yesterday and touching down in cpt tonight and DHL delivers on Sundays sometimes so might have it tomorrow. Otherwise I'll have it Monday.

Goes from new York, Germany, Amsterdam then cpt. Flights lined up really nicely.
d7bdcd83e037b5e1521728c5add92ac6.jpg

DHL is the best out there. Only problem is their charges

Nat27

I’d say, from personal experience, UPS is the absolute best. Incredible passion for their job and incredible service.

DeeinSouthAfrica

Expert Member
New York Aramex Global Shopper is jacked-up at the moment.
I ordered an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 cellular tablet via eBay. Seller in New Jersey posted it priority mail to NY on Friday. I set up email tracking via USPS.
First I knew was Aramex NY emailing me that a shipment had arrived.
Only 2 hours later did USPS inform me that the shipment was delivered.
Ebay informed me shortly after that.
I was delighted as I didn't want a Samsung Tablet stuck in a depot over the weekend, and even more delighted that Aramex was open on a Saturday.
Now for the South African efficiency (drum-roll).

tRoN

Executive Member
The international leg is always efficient.

The delays happen at customs in SA where our (non)efficient public servants work

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
The international leg is always efficient.

The delays happen at customs in SA where our (non)efficient public servants work
Yeah they mostly ignore packages coming in until let the know about it. Mostly take a few days before they issue the invoice, once Invoice is issued they clear it next day.

I email them each time when parcel is in jhb.
cf0b471f582c461b439c2c7b1b84fe2e.jpg

Tinuva

The Magician
Anyone having big problems with Aramex recently?

Been 11 days waiting in customs at OR Tambo, no contact from them (not even to ask for ID, which has happened every other time Ive got a parcel!?)

Contact with them ends with a "contact this email address..." Or " we will contact you"... Which they dont!?

(not global shopper, but a parcel originally DPD that got passed to Aramex at some point!?)
What happened here? Is it resolved now?

howardb

Expert Member
What happened here? Is it resolved now?
Mine's also stuck pending clearance, been 13 days now, they don't respond to messages... Going to try call them tomorrow

EDIT: just checked again and now cleared, finally!

Last edited: