Are Amazon Prime Videos available to stream in South Africa?

scubamut

Is Amazon Prime video streaming available in South Africa? I am trying Prime and I get "This title isn't available in your location". What does that mean? Are there ANY Prime Video movies available to stream?

Netflix and Showmax stream videos in South Africa. Is Amazon Prime Video not able to stream?

Slootvreter

Honorary Master
Also got that, so many titles not available.

Also. no Android TV app.

Cancelled.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Yeah, its available but the content is limited.

Unlike Netflix which doesn't show you stuff you can't stream, Prime shows you everything regardless of whether you can stream it or not.

ekske1

Executive Member
Is Amazon Prime video streaming available in South Africa? I am trying Prime and I get "This title isn't available in your location". What does that mean? Are there ANY Prime Video movies available to stream?

Netflix and Showmax stream videos in South Africa. Is Amazon Prime Video not able to stream?
1548142082609.png

zulusailor

Time permitting, will
check it thoroughly later today.
Looks okay - in fact slightly more responsive than the Prime App on my Samsung Smart TV. Only thing I can can't see is the the little '4K' box but I suppose that's because the Mi Box is on a wifi connection. The Smart TV is wired and I'm on a 50 meg line.

xbmcfan

Looks okay - in fact slightly more responsive than the Prime App on my Samsung Smart TV. Only thing I can can't see is the the little '4K' box but I suppose that's because the Mi Box is on a wifi connection. The Smart TV is wired and I'm on a 50 meg line.
Most likely Amazon is blocking 4K on non Nvidia Shield devices that don't have an agreement with them so you only get FHD.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidTV/comments/9tubva

Sensorei

Executive Member
Amazon checks your location by IP address and if you aren't in the USA then you are blocked from watching at least half of the offerings from Prime Video. You can use a VPN and change your Amazon account settings to make it look like you're in the USA but it's very annoying. None of the VPN offerings I have tried can support 4K video streaming.

zulusailor

Amazon checks your location by IP address and if you aren't in the USA then you are blocked from watching at least half of the offerings from Prime Video. You can use a VPN and change your Amazon account settings to make it look like you're in the USA but it's very annoying. None of the VPN offerings I have tried can support 4K video streaming.
I do have ExpressVPN for using iPlayer ITV Hub and the likes, but I have never switched it across to a USA option for the likes of Netflix, Amazon and whatnot. Even with us dumping DSTV a couple of month's ago, we have so much to watch, don't even know where to start so it's not much of an issue.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
Even with us dumping DSTV a couple of month's ago, we have so much to watch, don't even know where to start so it's not much of an issue.
If you get ad withdrawals just look for the compilations on YouTube. Like 45 minutes of Doritos ads

HibiscusTunes

Expert Member
As far as I know it is not using the geolocation of your IP, but the region of the credit card linked to your account. I have never been able to stream US Amazon, even with a VPN

IVTEC

As far as I know it is not using the geolocation of your IP, but the region of the credit card linked to your account. I have never been able to stream US Amazon, even with a VPN
Mine works on all devices except my fire stick. I have a US account with SA credit card. I don't know what else to do.