Are my comments being censored on MyBB articles?

Frostfang

I'm not sure where else to ask this but I've been having issues with commenting on MyBB articles via Disqus. My comments after posting immediately show this: "Hold on, this is waiting to be approved by MyBroadband technology and IT news" and it takes like 20 minutes from what I've observed for them to be approved (that is if they aren't removed). I'm not even a controversial poster, please anyone assist me.

Milano

Honorary Master
Can someone please tell me who I need to contact for this?
I do not comment directly in those articles but there were a few threads about a more strict policy:

Two of them here:

You may search to find others.

It seemed as though you do not need to necessarily be controversial but even if your comment brings little to the discussion it may not be posted.

Frostfang

Thanks, so it's their policy now. I really hope they revise it because waiting for 20 minutes to see your comment published is really not cool. I wouldn't mind if they approved the right comments faster.

Milano

Honorary Master
Thanks, so it's their policy now. I really hope they revise it because waiting for 20 minutes to see your comment published is really not cool. I wouldn't mind if they approved the right comments faster.
It appears so. I have not followed the policy on article comments very closely as I don't use that feature.

My interpretation is that it is now more like a letter to the editor. Sending a letter to the editor does not guarantee it will be published. The standard is higher than posting on a forum so perhaps that's why many of your non-controversial comments are removed - they are not controversial necessarily and break no rules, some just don't make the grade.

Well that's my interpretation and if incorrect then perhaps an admin may clarify. Anyway just post in the forum if it bothers you.

Frostfang

It appears so. I have not followed the policy on article comments very closely as I don't use that feature.

My interpretation is that it is now more like a letter to the editor. Sending a letter to the editor does not guarantee it will be published. The standard is higher than posting on a forum so perhaps that's why many of your non-controversial comments are removed - they are not controversial necessarily and break no rules, some just don't make the grade.

Well that's my interpretation and if incorrect then perhaps an admin may clarify. Anyway just post in the forum if it bothers you.
Thank you, this makes a lot of sense.

MrDIY

It does not matter what I post, I always get that message. Tried numinous times and can only assume I am blacklisted for some reason. None of my messages ever make it anymore irrespective of time. As I do find the comments interesting ... more so than the articles .. seeing I cant post means its time to leave myBB.

ghostRgg

It's generally due to what they set in their filters and what their "trusted" factor is on Disqus. On the one website, I have a high as heck trust factor but apparently that doesn't carry over to mybb Disqus. So it's really up to them to fix it.

That or they literally set it to "moderator approved comments only" which is probably way more likely.

saor

Honorary Master
None of my messages ever make it anymore irrespective of time. As I do find the comments interesting ... more so than the articles .. seeing I cant post means its time to leave myBB.
So you'd only read articles on a site that permits you to comment freely? Ok. You could also just read the article and post on the forum.