Are there any tech brands you are loyal to?

J Chai

Huawei phones. They are cheap but they compete against big brands like iPhone and Samsung. They are user friendly and strong, they dont break easy.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
No. I am a budget-orientated buyer. Multiple reviews reviewer, a decision-based buyer. I don't believe in brand loyalty; I believe in the application. I do, however, never 'cheap' out on anything.

TRZ214

Apple for laptops - but touch and go for their other stuff for me. Remember paying like 4k for a 20gb ipod and the battery only lasted about a year.

Desktop: AMD for a processor, Nvidia for GPU - prob EVGA or ASUS. Asus for MB. Corsair for peripherals.

Bosch for kitchen appliances and Samsung for TV's.

OCP

Expert Member
Difficult to answer as some brands have good products but terrible after-sale service in SA and therefor best avoided.

Generally will stick to the big brands and will do some research before spending hard earned cash. (cheaper <> good buy)

IssiAmd

Not really
Been loyal to Android for ecosystem since the iPhone 4.
At one stage it was HTC or nothing, that ended after the M8

I generally read reviews and try to get the best bang for buck

RV082

Apple. office mac, laptop, phone, tablet – it all just works, all the time. have never had a issue with any device.

BevanFB

Samsung phones and Tablets, Mecer PC's, Acer Laptops, Tp Link Networking Products.

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
Loyal to AMD for CPUs and GPUs

Loyal to Xiaomi for phones - although, these days I don't want to use MIUI anymore. My next Xiaomi phone (on its way now) is the Mi A3, which uses stock Android instead of MIUI.

Loyal to Android for phone OS - although, this is mostly to do with Apple being too expensive and the convenience of everything just working. I am going to start locking down my privacy a bit.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Thought about it and can confirm I stick with AMD. Been using them since 2008.
When it comes to enterprise equipment I stick with Dell.
I will also never buy Apple

blowdart18

Used to be a Samsung whore, with most things in the household comprising of Samsung.
Had an issue with my phone and ended up trying other brands.

Hisense TV
Huawei Cellphone

Otherwise most of the things in the house are still Samsung and still going strong after a good 5 years.

As for other tech gadgets:

Logitech for peripherals
Seagate for externals
JBL external speaker
Asus Laptop

ZAP_Tech

This a complicated question, yes i do have brand loyalties but they not unending.

PC:
CPU & GPU: AMD till i die (ex nvidia fan boy)
Motherboards: Asus/Gigabyte nothing else
Ram: Corsair Dominator Range but these days he G.Skill Trident is Peaking my interest
Monitors: What ever i like currently Samsung
HDD: Mechanical: Seagate SSD: Samsung
Keyboard Mouse: Razer/Corsair/Logitech
Watercooling: AIO Corsair/ DIY: EKWB/Corsair

Phone: Currently own iphone (hate it) but i loved Microsoft and Love Nokia. Hate Andriod.
Printer: Cannon (Home Use) HP Business
TV: Samsung (though there software not great)
Console: SONY
PC Sound: Logitech
SoundBar: Samsung/JBL

List goes on... But i can't think anymore.

Wilhelmus

Sony,

So this is something that came from my dad. He always chose the Sony product over the rest. TV, Surround Sound, MP3 Devices and so on. And I see today I am the same, I always look at the Sony device first and then usually take the Sony brand over the rest.