BLIXEMPIE

Honorary Master
Ahhh yes. I currently have a BlackBerry Storm 2, but my previous phone was the HP iPaq 6915.

http://www.gsmarena.com/hp_ipaq_hw6915-1459.php

Was a decent phone. Had EDGE, GPS, WiFi, 1.3MP camera, and a very nice touch screen. Epic phone. I only got the BB for the internet. Pity the iPaq range was discontinued by HP. I think if they remarketed their devices they would be selling more phones than the big players today.

Mike Hoxbig

Honorary Master
What is "iconic" defined as?

Doesn't matter anyway, stopped reading when I saw a picture of a Blackberry.

Dups!

Expert Member
Steve Jobs once mentioned that he came up with the iPhone after having what he termed an iconic smartphone at that time. That, to me, should be in that list. The phone in question is the Sony Ericsson P800i! Look beyond the poor choice of colour and you will see what Ericsson did when they came up with its predecessor, the R380s. Technological marvel indeed.

For the current period, yes, the iPhone is iconic.

zaozzie

I remember those O2 rebranded HTC phones that guys would bring into the country 10 years ago. Those phones were so ahead of their time.

FNfal

Executive Member
2004 i had the palm trio 650 . i still have it and the battery is still good for 4 days my first smart phone edge .

Dan C

Honorary Master
what about SGS2?

Exactly , what on earth are these guys smoking. BlackBerry is the most ugliest phones ever, actually they should not even be allowed past customs, just give them to the cleaners.

dabbler

Expert Member
SGS and SGS2. They started the Android dominance and kicked iPhones's butt ;)

drukkie

Expert Member
Nokia Communicator....the brick...was an awesome phone...that ball game was the shazam!
Sometimes I wish i kept all my old phones...

maybe someone can write an app where you can tell the story of your life with all the phones you had...
almost like dog book....cell book...

Syphonx

Expert Member
Exactly , what on earth are these guys smoking. BlackBerry is the most ugliest phones ever, actually they should not even be allowed past customs, just give them to the cleaners.
Yeah blackberry is only an icon of everything not to do in a phone, just because everyone has one doesn't make it an icon.

abandonallhope

Expert Member
Literally the only iconic thing about iphone is the exorbitant price tag.

I've always thought of HTC phones as in a class of their own.