Votes: 29 18.8%
  • Should be required for some countries

Votes: 50 32.5%
  • Are unnecessary

Votes: 75 48.7%

• Total voters

The Voice

Honorary Master
Well yeah. I mean a tourist/visitor's visa ensures that at the end of the alloted time you go back to where you came from, or your ass is getting deported. Otherwise it's just free immigration.

garp

Executive Member
In the digital age I really don't understand why a piece of paper or a physical stamp should be required for a visa to/from any country. Everything could be accomplished online and linked to your passport number. I'm convinced most of the global travel bureaucracy is either just a deliberate barrier to entry or a money-making scheme, and SA is no exception.

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
@theratman lost his passport in an overloaded taxi on his way to OTRIA, but still managed to exit the country because of handing one of the people at the airport a skhaftin fee.

He thought he was clever, but when he got to Amsterdam, he couldn't book a car because of the no passport issue and had to rent a bike and cycle to Stuttgart. His orginal plan was to stay there for a week, but the bike ride took him 3 grueling days and when he eventually got into Germany had to go live in a homeless shelter; sleeping next to a crossdresser.

On day 5 of the unwanted advances of the crossdresser, he escaped and went to the airport only to be told to voetsek and eventually managed to send a "Please Call Me" to myself and @PoppieChoffel, and, because she likes him, she bought him a data bundle and sent him money for a shipping ticket on a cargo ship carrying cans of pepper spray.

Let's just say a man has needs...and accidents do happen. So after the accident and him feeling like a rocket, he jumped out the window of the ship to cool his internals down, but realised that the ship's captain, due, in part to the altimeter not being misconfigured, dropped the clutch too soon so the ship went the wrong direction.

You see the technician was distracted and used an NPN transistor instead of a PNP, so the ship's autopilot algo set it to go along the east coast of Africa instead of the other side. So when he jumped into the sea to cool down his ass, he was met with the Warm Moz, instead of the Cold Benguela so he got spuitmaag instead.

Anyway. Now he was stuck in the ocean at Richard's Bay needing help so he sent another "Please Call Me" to myself, @Craig, @RickMaver47, @Smokey mcpot and that retard @The_Mowgs. So we took a bus, but the bus dropped us off short of RB due to @HunterNW and @UrBaN963 wanting to buy booze. The problem was that the driver was Amish and you know those motherfuckers don't take schit.

Anyway, @SauRoNZA then comes riding past with his BMW F 900 R with a trailer on and I ask him for a lift and, because he had his trailer hooked on, luckily he gave us this much needed lift.

So eventually we get to rattie, all messed up from back-paddling for a few km's from where the ship threw him off.

Eventually we get him to shore, but now the coast-guard wants all our visa's else he won't open the gate. Since myself and Mowgs are coloured, we know how to negotiate and Mowgs eventually agree to give him one of his spare tutu's and one of @Papa Smurf leopard skin leotards. It's those ones that women look at twice before saying no if they're married to someone like @RedViking or @bwana.

This is the reason why I ****ing hate visa's!

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
@theratman lost his passport in an overloaded taxi on his way to OTRIA, but still managed to exit the country because of handing one of the people at the airport a skhaftin fee.

He thought he was clever, but when he got to Amsterdam, he couldn't book a car because of the no passport issue and had to rent a bike and cycle to Stuttgart. His orginal plan was to stay there for a week, but the bike ride took him 3 grueling days and when he eventually got into Germany had to go live in a homeless shelter; sleeping next to a crossdresser.

On day 5 of the unwanted advances of the crossdresser, he escaped and went to the airport only to be told to voetsek and eventually managed to send a "Please Call Me" to myself and @PoppieChoffel, and, because she likes him, she bought him a data bundle and sent him money for a shipping ticket on a cargo ship carrying cans of pepper spray.

Let's just say a man has needs...and accidents do happen. So after the accident and him feeling like a rocket, he jumped out the window of the ship to cool his internals down, but realised that the ship's captain, due, in part to the altimeter not being misconfigured, dropped the clutch too soon so the ship went the wrong direction.

You see the technician was distracted and used an NPN transistor instead of a PNP, so the ship's autopilot algo set it to go along the east coast of Africa instead of the other side. So when he jumped into the sea to cool down his ass, he was met with the Warm Moz, instead of the Cold Benguela so he got spuitmaag instead.

Anyway. Now he was stuck in the ocean at Richard's Bay needing help so he sent another "Please Call Me" to myself, @Craig, @RickMaver47, @Smokey mcpot and that retard @The_Mowgs. So we took a bus, but the bus dropped us off short of RB due to @HunterNW and @UrBaN963 wanting to buy booze. The problem was that the driver was Amish and you know those motherfuckers don't take schit.

Anyway, @SauRoNZA then comes riding past with his BMW F 900 R with a trailer on and I ask him for a lift and, because he had his trailer hooked on, luckily he gave us this much needed lift.

So eventually we get to rattie, all messed up from back-paddling for a few km's from where the ship threw him off.

Eventually we get him to shore, but now the coast-guard wants all our visa's else he won't open the gate. Since myself and Mowgs are coloured, we know how to negotiate and Mowgs eventually agree to give him one of his spare tutu's and one of @Papa Smurf leopard skin leotards. It's those ones that women look at twice before saying no if they're married to someone like @RedViking or @bwana.

TL;DR - No apostrophe in visas.

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
Well yeah. I mean a tourist/visitor's visa ensures that at the end of the alloted time you go back to where you came from, or your ass is getting deported. Otherwise it's just free immigration.
Take a step back. Why can't everything be linked to your passport? Applying for a visa is a schlep with some countries.

Last edited:

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member

Just another step of bureaucracy, it is nothing for a computer system to check how long any one has been in the country, if you have not exited in the alloted time it automatically flags you for deportation. Visas are just another tourist tax these days ...

Last edited:

gertvanjoe

For stopping covid, they are completely unnecessary.
For preventing illegal immigration, a visa-on-arrival strategy is all that is needed.
I completely agree with stopping illegal immigration.

• Germany
  • Italy
  • South Korea
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom
  • United States of America
  • France
  • Switzerland
Out of these countries I can only think of Spain that may want to come here and not leave again the moment their plane ticket says they can

Sollie

Executive Member
They are intended to separate the real tourist from the fake.

We should probably scrap all tourist visas with functioning countries. Its not like a german will say he is a tourist just to get into SA and then squad here. And if he does hopefully he brings some Euros along.
Hey, one or two rich ones may even save the economy. :laugh:

Neuk_

Expert Member
Assuming a proper visa process is used as opposed to just being an excuse to collect money, I believe they do have a purpose,

Neuk_

Expert Member
In the digital age I really don't understand why a piece of paper or a physical stamp should be required for a visa to/from any country. Everything could be accomplished online and linked to your passport number. I'm convinced most of the global travel bureaucracy is either just a deliberate barrier to entry or a money-making scheme, and SA is no exception.

Australia works this way, for British passport holders anyway, I applied for mine online and got an email saying it had been granted.

Smokey mcpot

Please do not tag me, I still don’t have my tourist visa and I’m currently number 3 on the wanted list in RB... apparently my working visa was not valid during COVID lockdown

The_Donkey

Honorary Master
Please do not tag me, I still don’t have my tourist visa and I’m currently number 3 on the wanted list in RB... apparently my working visa was not valid during COVID lockdown
Speak to @thechamp or @gottagoon, they're die hard ANC and EFF supporters (respectively) so they'll fix you up in a jiffy.

Depending on how you interpret that, you might be sorted with the visa...or you'll end up in a Jiffy-bag, depending on which one of those two you ask :thumbsup:

christoh

After reading about a recent mess regarding German tourists suddenly requiring tourists visas to come to SA I wondered what purpose they still serve. Do you think they should be a requirement? Are they a deterrent that the tourist industry simply cannot afford or are they an important tool in the fight against covid-19?
You obviously confused, how does a tourist visa become a tool to fight covid ?
Maybe you are like the government, everything can be blamed on covid, and not stupidity...

ARYANTO

We don't need compulsory visas - it's only a way to make more money for the destination country , every body say it's a ''free country '' so why must I pay to visit your free country ? Make it available on arrival for a set fee.
My 2 cents.