• Yes, DStv Access

Votes: 25 3.8%
  • Yes, DStv EasyView

Votes: 21 3.2%
  • No

Votes: 292 43.9%

• Total voters

Renier Lubbe

Are you a DStv subscriber? Is yes, what is convincing you to stay with DStv instead of just using streaming services?

Yes

I live in Chantelle, Akasia, Pretoria.

Due to multiple cable thefts we no longer have ADSL. Telkom installed their LTE router and phone but after 3 months of no internet I gave up.
No Fibre in the entire area.
The 2 story house opposite my house blocks signals from i.e. Level 7

Use Vodacom LTE connection and although the speed is good (current 29Mbps average around 15Mbps) it is to expensive to stream on a regular basis. I use 60Gig anytime data per month as it is.

Do not really care about the sport on DSTV.

ABDurbs

Currently premium but will soon be cancelling sub. Got too expensive so will streaming.

Drewskie

Can switch on the TV and there is something on, streaming I have to decide what I am going to stream, Can put on Comedy Central and almost every show I will enjoy but will not be in front of the TV the whole time or need to selected next series I want to watch.

bomesters

I was a subscriber for years, but with the increased cost of packages and the decreased cost of fiber, it is a no-brainer. Yes, they have reliable sport channels which is their KSP, but with the increase access to UK and US channels, this KSP is slowly losing its grip on subscriber. They would be wise to create flexible (sports; entertainment) competitive packages (R200 to R300 p.m.) for online viewer specifically and I'm sure they will see a steady uptake in subscribers. Else they will become another blackberry; Motorola etc.

Frostee

Feel it’s such a waste of money, Kids watch tv and we use it for sport mainly, occasional movies, would prefer Netflix

Aquila ka Hecate

Executive Member
If you are the type who thinks TV is only for movies, I don't have any reason to watch multiple repeats of a movie with so many things to watch.
Sorry, champ, but there is nothing on DSTV Premium (which I had until 5 days ago) which I am not getting from streaming. Including the Rugby.