Are you back in the office, or are you still working from home?

Are you back in the office, or are you still working from home?

• I am working from home

Votes: 192 79.3%
  • I am working from the office

Votes: 50 20.7%

• Total voters

Dups!

Expert Member
Home, gonna be a while working from the comfort of my home. Heck, I may end up going to work even in January (assuming things get much better) judging by the ongoing cases of new infections.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Back in the office full-time but rotating my staff 1 week on, 1 week off.

Mrcricket

Expert Member
I have been at home for more than three months. I don't think I will be asked to come anytime soon (the heads will likely have to directly answer questions about salary cuts if that happens).

It has advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that I don't have to painfully sit in the office when there is no work or during quiet days.

The disadvantage is that it has almost definitely curtailed my career progress. It can also sometimes get mentally straining to be at home for too long.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Working from home....but often go to office to pick up my cellphone or router stock and deliver to clients. Today just came in for a meeting at 8 and then back home again

Napalm2880

Expert Member
Working from home.
I get more done than at the office and don't have bosses breathing down my neck

It took a few weeks but our managers have now perfected the art of scheduling 1 hour teams meeting with 5 minutes notice for a "status update". In the first few weeks we were blasting through development. Now we're lucky to close two tickets a week.

spiff

Executive Member
been at our college workshop for the last 5 weeks developing & manufacturing parts for a low cost ventilator

Stuey74

Still at home, need to swing by the office sometime, but it's not important.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
Office, 1 week on 1 week off (company split into 2 teams)
Luckily still full salary for now

Krilliano

All staff back full time back at office since Monday. Small office of 20-30 people depending on those that works on site some days.

krycor

Honorary Master
Home.. starting to like it. another month or two and tax deductions :D

krycor

Honorary Master
Home, will never work in a office again in my life.

This.. been thinking a lot about it and i don't see the point anymore of being in office. That and beginning to consider remote work options from abroad companies as I suspect the US is going to fast move this way as virus takes over and they re-consider their strategy of having all talent in one place along with the visa changes Trump pushed through.

RyanPCMR

Expert Member
With all the tools to do so at my disposal and the knowledge and skill to do my work from home whilst having one of the co-morbidity (hypertension, diabetes), I really cannot risk going to the office cubicle to be supervised there. It is an adjustment that requires self discipline as well as self-management ito time and how long a task would take to do on your own or with someone else from the work colleagues to assist. Keep a note of your daily duties and don't skimp on doing something that would improve the work output.

minkukel

Expert Member
Just got news that it is at least 2 months WFH and after that just as needed in the office.