Are you brand loyal when it comes to filling your car?

Preferred brand of fuel

• BP

Votes: 40 8.0%
  • Shell

Votes: 51 10.2%
  • Engen

Votes: 171 34.3%
  • SASOL

Votes: 46 9.2%
  • Caltex

Votes: 50 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • No preference/No choice

Votes: 129 25.9%

• Total voters

qscwbt

Expert Member
On the turbo car with proper ecu.
Sasol car runs perfect
Shell car runs perfect and most milage
Bp car runs perfect
Total, caltex car detonate badly.

Badprop_za

Expert Member
For me it is 2 reasons.
1 - Engen is closest to my place of residence; and
2 - eBucks component also plays a role. But since working from home this is becoming less of an consideration.

Esbendzn

I use Total because its the closest.... dont get any rewards unless i drive further to BP and get smartshopper points. But is it even worth it

Toxxyc

Expert Member
Engen for eBucks/Clicks points. Before that it was Total for uCount.

EDIT: I'm so bad that I'll actually refuse to swipe my card anywhere else. I'll rather go buy something at Checkers, get cashback at the till and use that cash to buy fuel at another station if I REALLY have to. I won't swipe my card there tho.

Napalm2880

Expert Member
BP near me has to sieve off the water that gets in their tanks when it rains :X3:

Neuk_

Expert Member
I use Engen for the ebucks.

But that aside, is the fuel all pretty much the same? I mean, arent there only like a handful of refineries and all the guys get their petrol from the same place and then just put in some additives?

Yeah, two major refineries on the reef, two in KZN and two in the WC. Only Sasol makes 10ppm diesel from their coal to liquid plant in Secunda from what I remember.

Botha22

Caltex because of Ucount points.
I think I need to reevaluate this as I don't think I get so many points from the petrol & the 2 Caltex in my area are dirty and rundown compared to Engen etc.

Toxxyc

Expert Member
When I was with Standard Bank I used to get around 40c per litre back on uCount. Moving to FNB immediately shot me into eBucks Level 4, giving me back R2 per litre. It's really worth it. Engens overall are nicer than Caltex garages as well, in my area.