Are you caught up in the licence backlog?

Has your licence card expired

• Yes - I have a temporary licence

Votes: 33 10.1%
  • Yes - I do not have a temporary licence

Votes: 84 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 132 40.2%
  • I do not drive / have a licence

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • I'm due for a renewal soon

Votes: 59 18.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 4.3%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Are you caught up in the licence backlog? Has your licence card expired and if so have you acquired a temporary licence?

Cius

Executive Member
Mine expires in March. Already applied for my renewal two weeks back. No temporary license as I applied 10 weeks before expiry and I get the 3 month grace period.

Kawak

Expert Member
Upcoming in October, scouting to see if I need to start the process soon.

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
Have to renew end of Feb - am actively looking for booking slots and am considering paying premium for some service that books on my behalf. The backlog doesn't help the cause but we all have to at least try and stay legal right?

Edit:
NaTIS website hasn't been responding during the past couple of weeks - definitely a struggle to book a bloody slot in Gauteng!

chrisc

Honorary Master
I doubt I'll pass the eye-test anyway so when it expires, that is that

After Covid I cannot concentrate much more than 5 mins on any one task and get confused quickly. I'm bothered about getting lost if I end up somewhere I' m not familiar

Right now its fine but some days not so good

marbro

Expert Member
Applied in October last year,

Still havent gotten it, I refuse to get a temp, as my license doesnt expire, and I applied well in advance of it

marbro

Expert Member
Have to renew end of Feb - am actively looking for booking slots and am considering paying premium for some service that books on my behalf. The backlog doesn't help the cause but we all have to at least try and stay legal right?
screw the bookings, When I went no one asked me for my appointment and the place was packed.

Purply

Expert Member
Not going to bother trying to renew mine, maybe once they fix their useless system. Until then I'll just pay whatever fines I get (if any)

Lupus

Honorary Master
Not going to bother trying to renew mine, maybe once they fix their useless system. Until then I'll just pay whatever fines I get (if any)
Shouldn't get any fines, there isn't any law against an expired card, nor does AARTO even list a fine for it.

Cius

Executive Member

Edit:
NaTIS website hasn't been responding during the past couple of weeks - definitely a struggle to book a bloody slot in Gauteng!
They publish slots at certain times. I think one time was 4 or 5 PM. Went on and got easily then. I would recommend the Waterfal site even if it is a bit of a drive. They where very organised there compared to some others I heard about and according to social media a few people agreed with that opinion.

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
Had to do my renewal in October/November, but nope didn't do the temporary thing and I refuse to do it either.

Even if there was a law against driving around with an expired card, that law would only be enforceable if the government could provide me a renewed card in a respectable timeframe, their incompetence does not equate to me breaking the law since I renewed in time and have the receipt to prove it.

grok

Honorary Master
I renewed in 2019 so not part of the lockdown crop, but I don't have my card anymore & also not bovvered to go get a temp license due to Covid & the fiasco with the printers.

Incidentally, I was pulled over twice in Dec, but let go without incident both times after explaining my reasons for not getting a new one to the cops. The last one even informed me that my disc has expired, I said oh I drive so little nowadays I hadn't noticed. He said just go get it renewed asap and waved me off.

Didn't even have to pay a bribe..!

SuccessKid.jpg

ToxicCorra27

My card expires in November 2021, I went in September 2021 for renewal at some dodgy DLTC in Themba, thats super far and this ordeal has cost me over a R1200 for fuel and toll gates. I'm not going to get a temp licenses as this is not my fault the system is flawed.