Are you concerned by the 'spike' in Covid-19 cases?

Are you concerned about the 'spike'?

• Very

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • It's concerning

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Not really

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • Not concerned at all

Votes: 68 39.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.1%

• Total voters

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Is the 'spike' in Covid-19 cases, primarily in the EC, really something we should be that concerned about?

What, if anything, do you think should be done?

Jola

Honorary Master
Well, the situation in the EC seems to be serious, and if you look at what is happening in the USA and Europe, then it seems that it is something that one has to worry about.

What to do ? Lockdown in the EC seems appropriate, not that anyone will bother, as well as SD, mandatory masks, hand sanitizing, etc, etc. Maybe a 21:00 to 04:00 curfew in the EC.

Get more serious about controlling weddings and funerals, everybody seems to ignore the impact of these, and ignore the rules.

And watch the situation closely.

Azg

Expert Member
The rise in cases is concerning, but from the last few months the relatively low mortality rate in SA (compared to Europe & USA) is something to be thankful for.

Last edited:

Nemoneiros

Executive Member
Is the 'spike' in Covid-19 cases, primarily in the EC, really something we should be that concerned about?

What, if anything, do you think should be done?
More BS?
More Hype?
How would we know that any of the numbers are the numbers and not yet another CCCP?

Brian_G

Expert Member
Too much hype, little that can be believed about "new" concerns, especially in this country. Reasonable care throughout will be enough, fear mongering MUST stop.

EC needs some sort of special attention, that's all, and then just to keep it managed which they can't seem to do.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Why would anyone be concerned? It's just the flu bro!!

I'm more concerned how Gov might respond if numbers continue to increase. Any sort of hard lock down would finish what little is left of this country's economy...

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Well, the situation in the EC seems to be serious, and if you look at what is happening in the USA and Europe, then it seems that it is something that one has to worry about.

What to do ? Lockdown in the EC seems appropriate, not that anyone will bother, as well as SD, mandatory masks, hand sanitizing, etc, etc. Maybe a 21:00 to 04:00 curfew in the EC.

Get more serious about controlling weddings and funerals, everybody seems to ignore the impact of these, and ignore the rules.

And watch the situation closely.
Ban deaths. That will eliminate the funerals problem.

HendrieV

If I get infected chances are it will not affect me but I prefer no chance at all. Bring on the vaccine.

neoprema

Expert Member
I think the spike is more to do with lax preventative measures. People seem to be having a problem with the simple request to wear masks, sanitize and socially distance. Simple, and doesn't require lockdown.

But alas... if 2020 taught us anything its that human ears are in fact, as your Grade 5 teacher said, just ornaments.

Brian_G

Expert Member
I think the spike is more to do with lax preventative measures. People seem to be having a problem with the simple request to wear masks, sanitize and socially distance. Simple, and doesn't require lockdown.

But alas... if 2020 taught us anything its that human ears are in fact, as your Grade 5 teacher said, just ornaments.
As many have discussed in other threads, there was no successful curtailment here ever. Too many wild taxis throughout, informal settlements, masks worn beneath the nose by many, etc.

Mortality is toooo low for it to be an emergency.
It's a natural occurrence of relatively speaking mild proportions, and the politic-nuts are just going... nuts

kessyjr

Do you know why"not concerned at all" seems to attract more votes? People are sick and tired of living in fear especially when it is a "propagated fear"