Are you concerned by the 'spike' in Covid-19 cases?

Are you concerned about the 'spike'?

• Very

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • It's concerning

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Not really

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • Not concerned at all

Votes: 68 39.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.1%

• Total voters

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Only thing I’m concerned about is having to back to the office in the coming months. So job hunting just in case. That’s about it.

Dairyfarmer

Executive Member
We don't worry much about other countries, unless we are immigrating to them.

noxibox

Honorary Master
Most concerning is that the majority of your respondents aren't concerned at all.
Most concerning are the Very and It's concerning. Unless what they're concerned about is the potential loony response to "steep" increase in cases.

Most concerning is that most respondents don't give damn. And the spike increases exponentially
Exponential is a vague term. How steep is that curve?

If anything both curves are less steep now than they were a few months ago. The rate of increase has dropped.

noxibox

Honorary Master
As many have discussed in other threads, there was no successful curtailment here ever. Too many wild taxis throughout, informal settlements, masks worn beneath the nose by many, etc.
If breathing and talking is the vector, which is the current line being used to promote masks, then I don't understand why people are worried about whether noses are covered. Any vapour from the nose travels mostly vertically down on exhalation and then potentially up above head height by the typical air current around a warm body. Unless in a tiny room or sitting inside a public vehicle it seems a non-issue. It'll even handle the dreaded lurgy spreading cough. Sneezes are easily and at least as effectively handled by tissues. And frankly anyone panicking about masks off noses should be equally panicking about masks that are not sealed around the edges (i.e. almost all of them).

Brian_G

Expert Member
@noxibox , most don't know that unsealed (most) common masks are close to useless with Covid-19, so discussing the exposed noses seems to make it clearer. Amounts to the same thing really (?)

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Late December/early January is when some concern needs to be given and after that period late April to August is another we need to be concerned

Papa Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
I'm pretty sure I had it in this past week at home. I was napping everyday, sometimes twice a day, all muscles were aching. Attention span was not as good as it normally is, kept forgetting little things. Slight dizziness on and off constantly.
Feel loads better today, but the previous 6 days were not my normal.
I will see how I feel tomorrow, but I reckon I rode this one out if I did get it.

Chatted to a guy today on a hike and he had all these symptoms a month ago so went and got tested and he was positive.

Brian_G

Expert Member
Chatted to a guy today on a hike and he had all these symptoms a month ago so went and got tested and he was positive.
Elon Musk had himself tested 4 times yesterday, same setup yet 2 results were positive and 2 negative.
Details in the S.A. Covid thread.

SlowInternet

Executive Member
Not concerned at all. The economy has been destroyed except for the ones benefiting from all these Covid tenders. Whatever needs to happen must happen. I'm tired of these Covid rules and regulations.