Are you concerned by the 'spike' in Covid-19 cases?

Are you concerned about the 'spike'?

• Very

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • It's concerning

Votes: 38 22.2%
  • Not really

Votes: 45 26.3%
  • Not concerned at all

Votes: 68 39.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 4.1%

• Total voters

Creag

The Boar's Rock
If I practice good hygiene, social distancing and all those nice things, I minimise the risk and chances of contracting the disease. Perhaps I am too blase about this. But we need to look after ourselves after all.

R13...

Honorary Master
furk you all
i havent had a sober day since last year
or the year before
not sure
So, you kept drinking even as you felt kak?
Dolorous Edd: " There are worse ways to die than warm and drunk. I knew a brother drowned himself in wine once. It was a poor vintage, though, and his corpse did not improve it.”

Jon Snow: “You drank the wine?”

Dolorous Edd: “It’s an awful thing to find a brother dead. You’d have need of a drink as well, Lord Snow.”

Last edited:

Brawler

Honorary Master
Concerned yes.
PE is a disaster zone but it was to be expected. Basically no Police there so there is no enforcement of rules.
I am not a fan of economic lockdowns at all but big gatherings should be banned in hot spots.

Wary GOM

Expert Member
It isn't going to just go away; unless and until there is an effective vaccine and a widespread vaccination program we will have to live with it.

That said, there really should be much more responsibility about reducing spreader events to a minimum. Apart from that, responsible use of masks and sanitising will help to minimise the spread. To some extent it is the responsibility of those people who are in the age and general health categories that have the greatest mortality to take their own actions to limit chances of infection.

IF stricter levels of lockdowns are considered at all, they should be on focal areas like the EC and even then, unless the spikes again threaten to overwhelm hospital services the economic harm outweighs the health concerns.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
What concerns me, is the lack of concern exhibited by others, because we are all in this together, like it or not. But yeah, if each does their bit, we will come thru okay. If we have alot of couldn't be bothered types, we will have covid a lot longer than what need be. Tough, it is ...

Flywheel

Honorary Master
Spike? It's just more testing being done. It was most likely always similar to this - just stay healthy and don't eat a **** ton of beef like a greedy lil ****er, control your laziness and exercise. You'll be just fine.

rambo919

Honorary Master
Low testing levels="no big numbers stop wringing your wet panties"
Getting the testing better up to date="we have a major spike the sky is falling"

RonSwanson

Expert Member
Concerned yes.
PE is a disaster zone but it was to be expected. Basically no Police there so there is no enforcement of rules.
I am not a fan of economic lockdowns at all but big gatherings should be banned in hot spots.
And taxis.

rambo919

Honorary Master
No, there definitely is a spike in EC with a big increase in the test positivity rate and hospital admissions.
Nothing that cannot be manipulated, remember those voicenotes a few weeks ago that warned of a pre-planned "sudden spike" that will cause a hard lockdown in dec? It's not as if this supposed spike was not foreseen beforehand.

All you have to to is first artificially lower the figures and then artificially higher them by calling every second sniffle c-19 and having every second death be "covid related". It's not even a difficult con to pull and each time people fall for it.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Nothing that cannot be manipulated, remember those voicenotes a few weeks ago that warned of a pre-planned "sudden spike" that will cause a hard lockdown in dec? It's not as if this supposed spike was not foreseen beforehand.

All you have to to is first artificially lower the figures and then artificially higher them by calling every second sniffle c-19 and having every second death be "covid related". It's not even a difficult con to pull and each time people fall for it.

Nostradamus effect detected.