Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 108 18.2%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 329 55.6%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 39 6.6%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 59 10.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.4%

• Total voters

SZN

Expert Member
As far as I know, I haven't had it yet. No poll option for that?

I did go for a test a few weeks ago (as some extended family members tested positive) but came back negative.

I might have had it and recovered, genuinely have no idea.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Is this an appropriate thread to ask those, who had/have Covid, whether they were negligent?

NarrowBandFtw

Honorary Master
I'm currently suffering from sobriety more often than usual because of covid ... does that count?

Gnome

Executive Member
As far as I know, I haven't had it yet. No poll option for that?

I did go for a test a few weeks ago (as some extended family members tested positive) but came back negative.

I might have had it and recovered, genuinely have no idea.
Unless I'm mistaken, the current slew of tests are anti-body tests. If you had it and recovered, you'd still test "positive". But maybe someone with more accurate info can say?

UrBaN963

Honorary Master
No COVID, but I can’t walk currently which is quite fun.

noxibox

Honorary Master
I'm definitely sick of it. Or more accurately the scattergun response of various states. Along with the reckless stoking of hysteria.

Unless I'm mistaken, the current slew of tests are anti-body tests. If you had it and recovered, you'd still test "positive". But maybe someone with more accurate info can say?
When did they stop using PCR?

Gnome

Executive Member
When did they stop using PCR?
I thought most were using antigen, which I admittedly misread and stored mentally as antibody test. Antigen is also a viral test. I was under the impression the PCR was slow & expensive, so antigen was the more affordable solution.

That said, I haven't been following it locally, nor have I been tested locally, so I'm likely completely wrong

thehuman

Expert Member
I thought most were using antigen, which I admittedly misread and stored mentally as antibody test. Antigen is also a viral test. I was under the impression the PCR was slow & expensive, so antigen was the more affordable solution.

That said, I haven't been following it locally, nor have I been tested locally, so I'm likely completely wrong
Most probably use rapid test first , if positive confirm with PCR

Carol35

Expert Member
Is this an appropriate thread to ask those, who had/have Covid, whether they were negligent?
I see you are still going on about this and to be honest..every single person that I know of, who has COVID and / or had COVID has not been negligent, wearing masks, avoiding public as much as humanly possible and sanitise yet they still got COVID. If you go back and read @Napalm posts correctly - you should see that he actually did state that he wore a mask, sanatized and still caught COVID from a work related issue he had to attend to whereby the positive person did same. Please visit the FB group Corona virus survivors( something like that) and you will find the answers you seek from people who have been there or are going through it. Hope this helps.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I see you are still going on about this and to be honest..every single person that I know of, who has COVID and / or had COVID has not been negligent, wearing masks, avoiding public as much as humanly possible and sanitise yet they still got COVID. If you go back and read @Napalm posts correctly - you should see that he actually did state that he wore a mask, sanatized and still caught COVID from a work related issue he had to attend to whereby the positive person did same. Please visit the FB group Corona virus survivors( something like that) and you will find the answers you seek from people who have been there or are going through it. Hope this helps.
Are you suggesting that because 1 person (@Napalm) says they took all precautions, it dismisses the negligence argument completely? One could argue the opposite if 1 person was negligent, yes?

Look, how many people's ego will allow them to admit that they neglected to sanitize their hands before touching their face and that this negligence resulted in a cold/flu/Covid/etc? Can you imagine the flaming such a person would receive from their virtuous peers?

Unlike masks, you cannot see whether someone's hands are sanitized. It is the one measure that puts the responsibility purely on the individual.

Walk about for 5min in public and you'll spot numerous people fiddling about with their hands on faces, whether it be to adjust their mask, deal with an itch, etc. Like it or not, this is how people get themselves infected and then fish for sympathy on their Covid Survivors groups or how this virus is no joke, asymptomatic spreading, blaming people for wearing masks wrong, calling for lockdowns, etc, etc etc, never admitting that their hand-hygiene negligence could've been the cause.

zolly

Expert Member
Took a quick peek at the group, overall seems like quite a reasonable space.