Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I died

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
I spent 3 days with my 82 yo dad in very close proximity, as he suddenly became confused and incoherent. I then noticed him wince when coughing so I made a GP appointment.

GP diagnosed him with double pneumonia but the COVID Rapid Test showed negative. Found him a bed in hospital and took him straight there. The next morning I was told that a blood tests showed him positive for COVID.

The very next day I started feeling sick and it just got progressively worse.

I've been fukked for 7 days now: fever comes and goes, exhausted ALL THE TIME, body aches 10 times worse than the worse flu I've ever had. Mind racing the whole night...it feels like I am never sleeping. Cold sweats and just feeling weak.

Luckily no cough or shortness of breath or sore throat.

Self medicating with Zinc, Vit. D and C and scored a script for Voltaren Suppositories to get me through the day.

Jirre I hope this goes away soon....

Ask a doc for something to calm you down to help you sleep?

Neuk_

Expert Member
Thanks. Wife has a rare lung condition so not good and not feeling well. Has lost her taste and smell and slight fever last night. I've been coughing so far. I have one comorbidity. Off to test in 20 mins.

Good luck! Let us know how the test goes...

Neuk_

Expert Member
I spent 3 days with my 82 yo dad in very close proximity, as he suddenly became confused and incoherent. I then noticed him wince when coughing so I made a GP appointment.

GP diagnosed him with double pneumonia but the COVID Rapid Test showed negative. Found him a bed in hospital and took him straight there. The next morning I was told that a blood tests showed him positive for COVID.

The very next day I started feeling sick and it just got progressively worse.

I've been fukked for 7 days now: fever comes and goes, exhausted ALL THE TIME, body aches 10 times worse than the worse flu I've ever had. Mind racing the whole night...it feels like I am never sleeping. Cold sweats and just feeling weak.

Luckily no cough or shortness of breath or sore throat.

Self medicating with Zinc, Vit. D and C and scored a script for Voltaren Suppositories to get me through the day.

Jirre I hope this goes away soon....

Good luck to you and your dad ;)

Grant

Honorary Master
Ask a doc for something to calm you down to help you sleep?
@quin
You really need to get something to help you sleep. You are probably going through huge amounts of stress, and I would not be surprised if you are somehow blaming yourself for your father's condition.

The stress and mind racing at night prevents adequate sleep - the period in which your body "recharges" itself.
As a result of the lack of sleep you will soon enough find yourself constantly exhausted and fatigued during the day, which in turn gets your mind racing again about why you are fatigued. Along with that comes irritability and abrasiveness.

It's a vicious cycle to get trapped in, but at the same time one easy enough to break.
See your doc, don't waste your time and money with some OTC product.
Perhaps a combo like dormicum at night to help you sleep and a mild sedative like arem during the day.
Obviously you don't have to start off at full dosage. Arem for example, take a quarter in the mornings, which won't leave you drowsy and unable to function, it will just smooth out the "speedbumps".
I'm simply using the 2 products above as an example, your own gp, based on your input would be in a position to prescribe something appropriate for your current needs

saor

Honorary Master
Pain med before bed definitely helped with my aches. The cold sweats and fever dreams persisted for quite a while. Sounds like you might be on track to lose your taste / smell and day now. That at least is when the night pains and restlessness started to taper off. Get better ffs.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
@quin
You really need to get something to help you sleep. You are probably going through huge amounts of stress, and I would not be surprised if you are somehow blaming yourself for your father's condition.

The stress and mind racing at night prevents adequate sleep - the period in which your body "recharges" itself.
As a result of the lack of sleep you will soon enough find yourself constantly exhausted and fatigued during the day, which in turn gets your mind racing again about why you are fatigued. Along with that comes irritability and abrasiveness.

It's a vicious cycle to get trapped in, but at the same time one easy enough to break.
See your doc, don't waste your time and money with some OTC product.
Perhaps a combo like dormicum at night to help you sleep and a mild sedative like arem during the day.
Obviously you don't have to start off at full dosage. Arem for example, take a quarter in the mornings, which won't leave you drowsy and unable to function, it will just smooth out the "speedbumps".
I'm simply using the 2 products above as an example, your own gp, based on your input would be in a position to prescribe something appropriate for your current needs

As a matter of interest, if you have COVID then a visit to the docs would not be encouraged, is there another way to get prescribed medicine without visiting a GP? Are they allowed to diagnose over the phone for example?

Lupus

Honorary Master
As a matter of interest, if you have COVID then a visit to the docs would not be encouraged, is there another way to get prescribed medicine without visiting a GP? Are they allowed to diagnose over the phone for example?
No they are not allowed to diagnose of the phone. Could you imagine how that would be milked?

blunt

Expert Member
Throat infection and a slight temp so the doc gave me a covid test now, will find out tomorrow ..

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
But what would you need a prescription for for covid?

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
My doctor prescribed 5 different pills yesterday over the phone and emailed script to my Clicks.
Mostly immune boosters till results come back.
But, my question was, what do you actually need a script for? These are surely over the counter medicines?

neoprema

Expert Member
But, my question was, what do you actually need a script for? These are surely over the counter medicines?
Might be vitamin D - i know some higher doses or high-delivery doses require a script. The OTC ones are very low so need you to take them for quite a while to increase your levels.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Might be vitamin D - i know some higher doses or high-delivery doses require a script. The OTC ones are very low so need you to take them for quite a while to increase your levels.
The other thread said half an hour in the sun is sufficient. But I get your point.

neoprema

Expert Member
The other thread said half an hour in the sun is sufficient. But I get your point.
heh yeah.
I know 2 people who've had COVID-19 the last 3 weeks. One was told by her doctor no medication - she took some Vicks i think and it passed after a week. The other was given cough syrup, broncho-dilators and some vitamins and passed in about 2 weeks.

If ever there was a virus that is random in its approach to people...

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
heh yeah.
I know 2 people who've had COVID-19 the last 3 weeks. One was told by her doctor no medication - she took some Vicks i think and it passed after a week. The other was given cough syrup, broncho-dilators and some vitamins and passed in about 2 weeks.

If ever there was a virus that is random in its approach to people...
Yup, that's pretty much the meds my sister and her family used.