Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 216 65.1%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 20 6.0%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I died

Votes: 40 12.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters

animal531

Expert Member
Well, looks like I've been infected...27 Degrees inside and I'm now wearing my jersey and long pants.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Pain med before bed definitely helped with my aches. The cold sweats and fever dreams persisted for quite a while. Sounds like you might be on track to lose your taste / smell and day now. That at least is when the night pains and restlessness started to taper off. Get better ffs.
Yesterday was the worst by far...could barely walk. Took 2 GenPayn and 2 Voltaren at approx. 8pm and crashed in front of TV while it kicked in.

Cold sweats started nearly immediately and was streaming off me. Medication eventually took the edge off and I went to bed at 11pm.

Woke up at 3am...clothes and bed soaked through, but immediately realized something feels different. I got up for a pee without having to think about it for 10 minutes...

Tested the waters by walking down the hall and only felt slightly woozy. The agony behind my eyeballs was also gone.

I feel like a new person today, so hopefully the worst of it is over, thank fuk.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
As a matter of interest, if you have COVID then a visit to the docs would not be encouraged, is there another way to get prescribed medicine without visiting a GP? Are they allowed to diagnose over the phone for example?
One of my best friends is a GP. He sorts me with scripts over the phone all the time, but never for stuff where an actual diagnosis is required.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
Might be vitamin D - i know some higher doses or high-delivery doses require a script. The OTC ones are very low so need you to take them for quite a while to increase your levels.
I got a script for Vit D a while ago...Calciferol. 1 tablet a week.

The problem is that COVID has wiped out stock world wide.

abzob

Honorary Master
Woke up at 3am...clothes and bed soaked through, but immediately realized something feels different. I got up for a pee without having to think about it for 10 minutes...

Interesting that you mentioned that because I had 4 days in December where I would wake completely drenched in sweat in the early hours and wasn’t sure why. Even with the fan on. The only other symptoms I had were a severe headache and fatigue but nothing else so I didn’t want to ascribe it to Covid since I couldn’t find much info online regarding the sweating. I had noticed that my resting HR was much higher than normal a few days before this all started. Wanted to get an antibody test afterwards to make sure but Dischem had stopped them at the time due to shortage of kits.

Norrad

Expert Member
Interesting that you mentioned that because I had 4 days in December where I would wake completely drenched in sweat in the early hours and wasn’t sure why. Even with the fan on. The only other symptoms I had were a severe headache and fatigue but nothing else so I didn’t want to ascribe it to Covid since I couldn’t find much info online regarding the sweating. I had noticed that my resting HR was much higher than normal a few days before this all started. Wanted to get an antibody test afterwards to make sure but Dischem had stopped them at the time due to shortage of kits.
I also had a few nights where I drenched the bed in sweat, tossed and turned, had wicked aches and pains, a wheezy chest (no coughing though), and felt fatigued for days. I had Dengue fever a few years back and it felt almost exactly the same. I'm waiting for the results now and it seems just the wheezy chest is lingering.

Last edited:

animal531

Expert Member
It was a rough night, serious fever and body aches. Mass diarrhea this morning...but otherwise no other symptoms yet.

blunt

Expert Member
got my results this morning - negative. seems more like strep throat to me.. so hopefully my antibiotics will sort me out.

Spizz

Goat Botherer
But, my question was, what do you actually need a script for? These are surely over the counter medicines?

I was responding to a post from Grant who had suggested getting specific meds prescribed by the doctor to help him sleep. I was just curious as to how to get them in case I’m ever in the same position.

bokka1

Expert Member
What does that mean? Coughing at all? Tightness in chest?

EDIT: But good to hear you guys all made it through without issues. Any idea how you got it?

I never get headaches and had bad headaches for a few days, now I only have lingering headaches.

I was short of breath for a week, one night I woke up a few times forcing myself to breathe, the next day was also difficult but from there everything got better.

And my eyes were extremely dry, I still wake up with dry eyes and have to use artificial tears to see.

My wife and myself both have heart disease (I had a heart attack at 46 and got a stent and my wife has had a heart bypass and a few stents) so I was very worried, especially about her when she got sick. She was very sick for three/four days.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
I was responding to a post from Grant who had suggested getting specific meds prescribed by the doctor to help him sleep. I was just curious as to how to get them in case I’m ever in the same position.
If you're on the east rand I can direct you to a pharmacist who doesn't worry about prescriptions...

neoprema

Expert Member

Yep, my mom is on it. Have not been able to get for a while. I found one Dischem had after about 3 months.

So for now just using the OTC one. Not nearly as potent but over time I believe it does build your levels up enough.

mister

Executive Member

There is D3 available in ZA. Metagenics are getting a new shipment in soon.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
My test surprisingly came back Negative.
Since wife is positive I'll re-test in a few days to be safe.

MightyQuin

Honorary Master
A quick re-cap:

So the rumors are definitely true...COVID recovery is NOT linear.

A few hours after waking up feeling 90%, I starting taking a severe dip again and all the terrible symptoms were back in full swing.

Ended up going to ER yesterday. Was put on 2 drips, to help with fever and de-hydration.

This alone cost me R 2 500 and the scripts another R 500.

Didn't feel like it helped at all. Oxygen stats were at 99% and lungs indicated no issues.

I do however cough more now and every time I take a really deep breath my lungs burn and I start coughing uncontrollably which is fukkin scary tbh.

They put me on Cortisone, Antibiotics and strong meds for pain and fever.

I had to change clothing twice throughout the night due to soaking cold sweats.

i am still extremely exhausted, disorientated and dizzy.

Fuk this is really bad....

Stonemason

Fuk this is really bad....
I had roughly the same as you. I would feel fine for two days and then it would drag me down and make me very sick for a few days. It took me three weeks to recover and there were quite a few days that I was convinced I was not going to make it.