Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 43 7.1%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 113 18.6%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 335 55.2%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 40 6.6%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 61 10.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
We are all over Covid19
It's now Jan 2021 so it is the new strain called Covid20 that we now need to be careful of

I have a close friend in hospital since Monday recovering from it. He feels like total kak and is a super healthy non smoker fit everyday jogger, it's hitting him very hard.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Went for my test last week Tuesday, feel a heck a lot better than last week. Just still cant sleep so well:thumbsdown:

Carol35

Expert Member
Are you suggesting that because 1 person (@Napalm) says they took all precautions, it dismisses the negligence argument completely? One could argue the opposite if 1 person was negligent, yes?

Look, how many people's ego will allow them to admit that they neglected to sanitize their hands before touching their face and that this negligence resulted in a cold/flu/Covid/etc? Can you imagine the flaming such a person would receive from their virtuous peers?

Unlike masks, you cannot see whether someone's hands are sanitized. It is the one measure that puts the responsibility purely on the individual.

Walk about for 5min in public and you'll spot numerous people fiddling about with their hands on faces, whether it be to adjust their mask, deal with an itch, etc. Like it or not, this is how people get themselves infected and then fish for sympathy on their Covid Survivors groups or how this virus is no joke, asymptomatic spreading, blaming people for wearing masks wrong, calling for lockdowns, etc, etc etc, never admitting that their hand-hygiene negligence could've been the cause.
I hear you..but you are flogging a dead horse...not one person sitting with COVID right now will admit it’s “just a flu” and say they caught it because they were an idiot with their hygiene. :)

Neuk_

Executive Member
I voted Other...

My fiancé showed symptoms in mid July 2020 but considering she was 35 weeks pregnant, we waited a few days before she went for a test to confirm that she had been infected by the SARS-CoV2 virus and was suffering from COVID-19 and not just the usual pregnancy symptoms. PCR test came back positive for SARS-CoV2 so we self isolated, assumed that I had been or would be infected but I was never tested as our GP would not provide a letter until I showed symptoms. Besides my sinus' feeling like they were on fire I developed zero COVID-19 symptoms and we both tested negative shortly before our son was born at a little over 38 weeks in the middle of August 2020.

Neuk_

Executive Member
I thought most were using antigen, which I admittedly misread and stored mentally as antibody test. Antigen is also a viral test. I was under the impression the PCR was slow & expensive, so antigen was the more affordable solution.

That said, I haven't been following it locally, nor have I been tested locally, so I'm likely completely wrong

Interesting, I thought they were still using PCR tests locally despite their highly questionable results partly due to their never having been designed to be used to confirm current viral infections.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
I hear you..but you are flogging a dead horse...not one person sitting with COVID right now will admit it’s “just a flu” and say they caught it because they were an idiot with their hygiene. :)
My point exactly. The Great Lockdown rolls on.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I voted Other...

My fiancé showed symptoms in mid July 2020 but considering she was 35 weeks pregnant, we waited a few days before she went for a test to confirm that she had been infected by the SARS-CoV2 virus and was suffering from COVID-19 and not just the usual pregnancy symptoms. PCR test came back positive for SARS-CoV2 so we self isolated, assumed that I had been or would be infected but I was never tested as our GP would not provide a letter until I showed symptoms. Besides my sinus' feeling like they were on fire I developed zero COVID-19 symptoms and we both tested negative shortly before our son was born at a little over 38 weeks in the middle of August 2020.
the Human body is an amazing machine, provided you change the fluids and look after it.
if you dont abuse its reliability and look after yourself, you will survive quite easily, besides a few days of feeling K@K

same with me, felt cr@p a few days, panado, rest and all is good.

Neuk_

Executive Member
the Human body is an amazing machine, provided you change the fluids and look after it.
if you dont abuse its reliability and look after yourself, you will survive quite easily, besides a few days of feeling K@K

same with me, felt cr@p a few days, panado, rest and all is good.

My fiancé felt crap for a few days but she was also 35 weeks pregnant so being tired is par for the course ;) Assuming I was infected which has never been confirmed, other than my sinus' being on fire I felt perfectly fine and my fiancé sort of forced me to stop exercising, I would have just carried on.

eg2505

Honorary Master
My fiancé felt crap for a few days but she was also 35 weeks pregnant so being tired is par for the course ;) Assuming I was infected which has never been confirmed, other than my sinus' being on fire I felt perfectly fine and my fiancé sort of forced me to stop exercising, I would have just carried on.
now the million rand question,
where do you think you got it from? or again, as its just a highly infectious flu, difficult to say?
I mean a hospital, with all the sanitizing thats mandatory there, and mask wearing. where could you have got it from?

Neuk_

Executive Member
where do you think you got it from? or again, as its just a highly infectious flu, difficult to say?
I mean a hospital, with all the sanitizing thats mandatory there, and mask wearing. where could you have got it from?

My fiancé had been working at home since late January due to pregnancy complications, I had been working at home since late March so our only interactions with 'other' people were our domestic, gardener, neighbours outside in our street, trips to the shop, medical appointments and her family. We had tried to be as conscious as possible with social distancing, sanitising, mask wearing, etc. taking as few chances as possible mainly due to the pregnancy, pregnancy complications and what we had to go through to get pregnant in the first place. Based on the timing, although we can't prove it conclusively, my fiancé believes she contracted the virus when she went for a fetal test/check-up at the hospital, which is not done in her gynae's rooms at the same hospital but in a more general ward. Subsequent to her contracting the virus, her gynae contracted the virus, from a colleague who assisted in theatre, so it can and has happened at a hospital where you would least expect it.

eg2505

Honorary Master
so it can and has happened at a hospital where you would least expect it.
hence my point, if in a hospital with all the sanitizing and mask wearing,
and all the precautions, she still got infected.
then where is safe? Hospitals almost Guarantee an infection it seems.

Ragnarök

Expert Member
Eq5nskgXMAELSLZ.png Eq5n34OXYAAog7C.png

The CDC says there is no flu because people are wearing masks and social distancing.

The CDC says Corono is out of control because people are not wearing masks and social distancing

eg2505

Honorary Master
If you have normal flu , the Covid test will be positive , so you have Covid-19
still confused, according to the media, if you have Covid you will die immediately and be buried in a lead coffin.
if its just a normal flu, like every other year, where people still die, even from a plain old flu,

whats the big deal then?