Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.0%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 110 18.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 332 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 60 10.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

zolly

Expert Member
If you have normal flu , the Covid test will be positive , so you have Covid-19

Absolute hogwash.

In terms of the flu, the viruses that define it and the ones that determine the coronavirus are very different and distinct. The flu is caused by an influenza virus, not a coronavirus. Therefore, having contracted a flu or being vaccinated for it will not produce a positive result for COVID-19. According to a spokesperson at the the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), all the tests authorized by them for the coronavirus are specifically checked for cross-reactivity with influenza virus. But none of them have observed cross-reactivity with any of the tests.

Neuk_

Executive Member
If you have normal flu , the Covid test will be positive , so you have Covid-19

Here is the problem, the test is not for COVID-19, it is for the SARS-CoV2 virus but most don't make the distinction. What this has lead to, is people being infected by SARS-CoV2, not knowing because they are asymptomatic, never get COVID-19 and are not tested at all.

Ragnarök

Expert Member
Absolute hogwash.

In terms of the flu, the viruses that define it and the ones that determine the coronavirus are very different and distinct. The flu is caused by an influenza virus, not a coronavirus. Therefore, having contracted a flu or being vaccinated for it will not produce a positive result for COVID-19. According to a spokesperson at the the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), all the tests authorized by them for the coronavirus are specifically checked for cross-reactivity with influenza virus. But none of them have observed cross-reactivity with any of the tests.

So what append to the flu this season , where has it gone

SAguy

Executive Member
Friend of mine is convinced he has it, but he's 33 with no comorbidities so they turned him away at the clinic and wouldn't test him.

He was told tests are only for those with commodities or over 45.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Friend of mine is convinced he has it, but he's 33 with no comorbidities so they turned him away at the clinic and wouldn't test him.

He was told tests are only for those with commodities or over 45.
That's at odds with all the official guvvamint communication, which is that tests are only for those with symptoms.

SAguy

Executive Member
That's at odds with all the official guvvamint communication, which is that tests are only for those with symptoms.
Yeah, him and his sister are both pretty sick - his sister has a history of asthma so she was tested, he was told no test for him.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Here is the problem, the test is not for COVID-19, it is for the SARS-CoV2 virus but most don't make the distinction. What this has lead to, is people being infected by SARS-CoV2, not knowing because they are asymptomatic, never get COVID-19 and are not tested at all.
So if you test positive for SARS-CoV-2, will you be counted as a Covid-19 case?

SeRpEnT

Executive Member
the Human body is an amazing machine, provided you change the fluids and look after it.
if you dont abuse its reliability and look after yourself, you will survive quite easily, besides a few days of feeling K@K

same with me, felt cr@p a few days, panado, rest and all is good.
Change the fluids? Dafuq? Like an oil change then? Farkit I guess the many who have died of Covid-19 must have missed a service somewhere. Out of warranty. Royally farked.

My colleague who passed away in August...service missed. My 46 yr old brother in law currently in ICU. Super fit guy, but hey maybe he missed a service?

/Mumbles something about people talking kuk on forums...

The Darkness

Expert Member
the Human body is an amazing machine, provided you change the fluids and look after it.
if you dont abuse its reliability and look after yourself, you will survive quite easily, besides a few days of feeling K@K

same with me, felt cr@p a few days, panado, rest and all is good.
BS. People of all health and age levels are suffering immensely from it.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
And their guidelines for those that are asymptomatic?
If you're asymptomatic then neither you, nor anybody else will know you have it and studies from Wuhan of 10 000 000 people have shown that those individuals are not able to infect anybody else.

So, we don't really care about them :thumbsup: