Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 6.9%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 112 18.5%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 335 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 40 6.6%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 61 10.1%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
My Boertjie neighbour had to shoot down to The Cape to watch is old man kick the bucket last night from C19, his sister was taken off the Ventilator as there is nothing they can do for her, he is expecting her to go any moment....

We do indeed live in the darkest of times.

Another guy I know in town is stuck on a Ventilator at the local hospital and my neighbour across the road is still bedridden with nightly sweats going on two weeks now.....

I can go back to work on Saturday as I am well on the way to recovery..... The English HO is allowed back a day after me.....

Bring on those antibodies bitches!

R13...

Honorary Master
Now here is a thought. I wonder if there is a correlation between people who expose themselves yearly to a flu vaccine and the severity of Covid 19?
In other words those of us who have avoided flu vaccines have in general, a much better "natural immunity" to SARS COV 2 and can thus fight of this virus without being hospitalised and die?
I am almost tempted to go and get a test done to see if I and my wife have been infected with this virus, given that both of us have not had flu vaccines in many many years as a result of our allergic reaction to vaccines.
Why would you believe that? Surely getting the flu shot doesn't keep you from infection with the flu, just lessens its effect (in most cases anyway).

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
My Boertjie neighbour had to shoot down to The Cape to watch is old man kick the bucket last night from C19, his sister was taken off the Ventilator as there is nothing they can do for her, he is expecting her to go any moment....

We do indeed live in the darkest of times.

Another guy I know in town is stuck on a Ventilator at the local hospital and my neighbour across the road is still bedridden with nightly sweats going on two weeks now.....

I can go back to work on Saturday as I am well on the way to recovery..... The English HO is allowed back a day after me.....

Bring on those antibodies bitches!
Eish, sterkte broer, sterkte.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Why would you believe that? Surely getting the flu shot doesn't keep you from infection with the flu, just lessens its effect (in most cases anyway).
You have not read the latest Panda article....
Plenty of food for thought in that summary of all the vaccine hype.

PrinceVlad

I lost another family member last night.

Sad thing is he was in his early 30's and had no comorbidities.
This is what bothers me about this thing....so damn random.

A director at the firm my wife works for, got it about 3 weeks ago. In his early 50's, fit, eats healthy, doesn't smoke. Spent two weeks in hospital and Dr's advice was that he be put on a ventilator. He refused and was discharged last week. Still booked off from work for another 3 weeks and his lungs are shot.

My grandmother got it 2 weeks ago. 92 years old, in serious heart failure, has breast cancer, and had a pacemaker done at the end of last year. She's being discharged today and doc happy with her progress. Also, had no need to ventilate.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Curious: less people are dying now, according to the official numbers, than have died during previous waves, and we have more infections that ever.

That said, it looks like more people know of people who know of people who have died, compared to be before. I wonder why that is?

Markd

Expert Member
is there any data on variability of disease within families? i.e. if siblings get COVID, do they have similar responses to it or experience similar severity of disease? I guess the same would apply to 1 parent - like is there a genetic factor involved? You get the impression that there must be if people in there 20's are getting hit so hard, and others like my aunt who are well into their 70's just had a bit of a cold at home following a positive test.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
He refused and was discharged last week. Still booked off from work for another 3 weeks and his lungs are shot.
He is better off for NOT being placed on a death machine! For starters, he is alive!
Presumably, he received oxygen as part of his stay in hospital?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
is there any data on variability of disease within families? i.e. if siblings get COVID, do they have similar responses to it or experience similar severity of disease? I guess the same would apply to 1 parent - like is there a genetic factor involved? You get the impression that there must be if people in there 20's are getting hit so hard, and others like my aunt who are well into their 70's just had a bit of a cold at home following a positive test.
My theory is some older people have a better prepared natural immunity to this thing than many younger people who probably have had flu vaccines.

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
For me this schit makes no sense.

I lost my mother in April due to complications from COVID. She had a triple bypass a few years ago so wee always knew she was extra high risk. My father who's a drunk is constantly roaming up and down going to friends daily and is too stubborn to wear a mask. He hasn't even had a single symptom to date. He also has diabetes.

My cousin (father's sister's son) who I posted about a few pages ago, was in his 30's and healthy as **** got his results back on Friday morning. By lunchtime he was rushed to ICU. By Friday night he was dead.

So yeah, it's like this virus is killing indiscriminately.

Markd

Expert Member
For me this schit makes no sense.

I lost my mother in April due to complications from COVID. She had a triple bypass a few years ago so wee always knew she was extra high risk. My father who's a drunk is constantly roaming up and down going to friends daily and is too stubborn to wear a mask. He hasn't even had a single symptom to date. He also has diabetes.

My cousin (father's sister's son) who I posted about a few pages ago, was in his 30's and healthy as **** got his results back on Friday morning. By lunchtime he was rushed to ICU. By Friday night he was dead.

So yeah, it's like this virus is killing indiscriminately.

Its so strange, but there must be a reason behind why it affects some people so badly. I've heard multiple stories of young, ultra-healthy people getting killed by COVID....

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Tested positive on Saturday. Wife Neg. Current symptoms: Chest a bit sore, phlegmy cough no taste or smell

Datura

Captain Faptastic
I'm still a bit meh 13 days after first symptoms. Just run down but not nearly as bad as I felt last week. Other folks in the house are over it. Gatvol of feeling tired more than anything else.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Its so strange, but there must be a reason behind why it affects some people so badly. I've heard multiple stories of young, ultra-healthy people getting killed by COVID....
Underlying and undiagnosed co-morbidities. General young healthy people are unaware that something congenital is lurking, precisely because they are young and healthy. The lazy, fat, unhealthy bastards are well aware of what is wrong with them.

daveza

Honorary Master
Curious: less people are dying now, according to the official numbers, than have died during previous waves, and we have more infections that ever.

That said, it looks like more people know of people who know of people who have died, compared to be before. I wonder why that is?

Before the third wave I knew 2 people who had tested positive.

I currently know over 20.