Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.0%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 110 18.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 331 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 39 6.5%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

lived666

Executive Member
I have it but not really worried, even with high BP. It's like a bad bout of flu with some extras thrown in - I can't smell which is great because there have been a few veld fires and the smell usually gives me headaches.
The persistent cough is a pain.

I can't sleep, but I am a poor sleeper anyhow. The insatiable thirst is annoying - it's drink, pee, thirsty, drink, pee thirsty 24/7.

Taste buds are a tad shot - I can taste sweet, but things like sushi are like what is this I'm chewing, but appetite is way down. Don't enjoy coffee at the moment and I usually drink 6-8 cups a day

Other than the above, the normal type of flu fogginess, a bit out of breath. I'm roughly on day 6 or 7 so hopefully, the next 3 days don't take a turn for the worse because there is a 0% chance that I would take myself to hospital.
I think I am over the worst. Was around a week with no sleep, generally sitting outside 3am just to breathe the chilly air. Blood oxygen levels dropped below 80 but I didn't have any symptoms associated with low levels so just struggled through, 91 this morning.
BP went quite low so I stopped medication for a couple of days - hovering just below average now.
My appetite went out the window - dropped 7.5kg since June 23.
Anyhow left with a slight cough niggle and still get out of breath quickly and the smell hasn't come back -but other than that, all peachy.

JohnJuniorV3

Expert Member
12 days after my onset of symptoms I'm starting to develop a cough and tight chest.

Weird, thought I was through the worst. Vaccine still proving to be helpful though.

lived666

Executive Member
12 days after my onset of symptoms I'm starting to develop a cough and tight chest.

Weird, thought I was through the worst. Vaccine still proving to be helpful though.
Junior received Johnson's vaccine, didn't have much effect - he is in bed feeling overall kak, but he is also probably over the worst.

Blu82

Expert Member
Glad to see that I am not alone on this round two part.

Moosedrool

Executive Member
So I have the coof coof virus now. Now what? Can I still drink a brandy and coke tonight?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Junior received Johnson's vaccine, didn't have much effect - he is in bed feeling overall kak, but he is also probably over the worst.
Surely he should NOT have received the jab while recovering from covid?
How did that happen?

DreamKing

Honorary Master
start on Monday .....

chills since tue, getting better and worst and better .......
lost taste on thur...
not too much cough ..

sat still alive. :p :D

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
start on Monday .....

chills since tue, getting better and worst and better .......
lost taste on thur...
not too much cough ..

sat still alive. :p :D

For many people the turning point is around days 7-10. Stay safe...

cpu.

Executive Member
I'm on the tight chest stage (had chills last night). I had mild symptoms until now. Only loss of smell and a light fever (no sweating), 3 times. My nose is open, dry and no coughing. With the start of the chills my throat is wetter, but still not causing issues.

It started Wednesday this week, when the fever started and I then tried to smell Dettol. According to some searches, smell usually go around day 3 to 5. I'm therefore about in week two now.

I'm taking Gen-Payne and ACC200 along with Vitamins.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I'm on the tight chest stage (had chills last night). I had mild symptoms until now. Only loss of smell and a light fever (no sweating), 3 times. My nose is open, dry and no coughing. With the start of the chills my throat is wetter, but still not causing issues.

It started Wednesday this week, when the fever started and I then tried to smell Dettol. According to some searches, smell usually go around day 3 to 5. I'm therefore about in week two now.

I'm taking Gen-Payne and ACC200 along with Vitamins.
Prescribed or self medicating?

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Another close friend of mine seems to be struggling. He's currently at his sister's place, recovering over there. I sent her a message asking how he's doing.

1625915026403.png

She's at her wits' end. ACC 200, pretnizones and I don't know what else.

It's truly become a sad state of affairs.

cpu.

Executive Member
Prescribed or self medicating?
Since this question, I went to the pharmacy (that have a prescribing pharmacist - apparently).
I now also got Azithromycin 500mg antibiotics and bought some Vit D3 tablets while at it.

I work outside and get a lot of sun daily, but decided to get it anyway.