Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 6.9%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 113 18.6%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 335 55.3%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 40 6.6%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 61 10.1%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

surface

Honorary Master
Question for people who got Covid - Does your job involve interacting with more people outside or this happened despite you working from home and following all precautions to the letter?

Saba'a

Executive Member
Another close friend of mine seems to be struggling. He's currently at his sister's place, recovering over there. I sent her a message asking how he's doing.

View attachment 1104885

She's at her wits' end. ACC 200, pretnizones and I don't know what else.

It's truly become a sad state of affairs.
Hospitalise IF his oxygen levels low. Have them use oxymeter to check levels.

Mortymoose

Honorary Master
Question for people who got Covid - Does your job involve interacting with more people outside or this happened despite you working from home and following all precautions to the letter?

Frontline retail, was surprised it took almost 15 months to catch, I was uber paranoid outside of the Moose compound, did well, feeling proud, " I got this!, feck you Virus!" , only to be betrayed from the inside, The English HO, that no good for nothing Limey infected me whilst I was asleep in my bed, like the Campbells all over again, coming in my sleep to murder the house of Donald!

Last edited:

cpu.

Executive Member
I deliver services at clients' houses, outside.
But I regularly was invited in for coffee or grab a few snacks + coffee and go drink it outside.
In some cases we had masks on outside and then go inside and take masks off while drinking coffee.

There's just too many places I could have picked it up, I stopped guessing.

Edit: not to mention shopping and walking around town.

surface

Honorary Master
I deliver services at clients' houses, outside.
But I regularly was invited in for coffee or grab a few snacks + coffee and go drink it outside.
In some cases we had masks on outside and then go inside and take masks off while drinking coffee.

There's just too many places I could have picked it up, I stopped guessing.

Edit: not to mention shopping and walking around town.
Thanks. Your profile sounds similar to my cousin (not in SA). He is not into delivery but their company never stopped meeting clients/people etc till it affected many people. It is very difficult to take precautions outside if one visits people a lot.

static_sa

Expert Member
Still don't know anyone that has passed away.

Friend group is aged 20-25

My mom was at a small gathering with someone that was tested positive - Thankfully she didn't catch it, although she did have a chest infection two weeks prior (Maybe covid)

Last edited:

Park@82

Honorary Master
Don't self-treat serious illness. Your GP can advise you of suppliers, and prescribe dexamethasone, etc.
Not for me. But yeah people should probably speak with a GP first.

Probably not a bad idea to know where to get one in an emergency especially if someone doesn't have medical aid.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Oxygen must be given in measured doses. Also at hospital they can monitor underlying issues.

But to each his own.
Like the guy who died in the De AAR hospital last week I suppose? That treatment and monitoring? I bet if he had been at home, he would have been monitored by his family, fed and given water when he needed it! Considering the night shift abandoned their posts before the day shift arrived hey?
Careful what you claim as bring the norm in this destroyed dysfunctional country.

Saba'a

Executive Member
Like the guy who died in the De AAR hospital last week I suppose? That treatment and monitoring? I bet if he had been at home, he would have been monitored by his family, fed and given water when he needed it! Considering the night shift abandoned their posts before the day shift arrived hey?
Careful what you claim as bring the norm in this destroyed dysfunctional country.
I have had many friends admitted and other than one death. An old lady, others survived.

So now you extrapolating De Aar to all hospitals?

But nou ja more space for me at hospital. Its posts like this that encourage people go stay at home and damage their lungs.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I have had many friends admitted and other than one death. An old lady, others survived.

So now you extrapolating De Aar to all hospitals?

But nou ja more space for me at hospital. Its posts like this that encourage people go stay at home and damage their lungs.
Oh you prefer the case at JHB general or whatever it is called?
Or the case in a hospital in Durban?
Or how about another one Cape Town?
Or how about the one that hit the news in Pietersburg?
Sure you can say that those can't be used as a standard applicable everywhere, but there appears to be at least one of these every month, which is a sad blotch and an insult to all the extremely hardworking personnel that are doing their jobs properly.
My point is there is nothing wrong with some patients being treated in their home environments but still under medical supervision.