Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 6.9%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 112 18.5%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 335 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 40 6.6%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 61 10.1%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

saor

Honorary Master
A 'real doctor' who has time to post on MyBB surely does not have many patients. Nor does it seem he or she has a fixed job. So, I just have to wonder about this doctor.....
That logic surely applies to everyone on here then & I doubt everyone here is just sitting with their feet up most of the day.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
It is completely appropriate for hospitals to have people who only need oxygen self-treat at home.
Yup, I have a couple of mates that somehow managed to survive covid on oxygen at home. It appears even when their families were in doubt, a phone call to the doctor for direction was all that was needed.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
I assume the antibiotics are for the bacterial pneumonia that develops, not the covid itself?
If bacterial Pneumonia does develop yes. At least that is my understanding after the pretty good explanation posted somewhere in this quagmire of covid related posts and threads.

rvZA

Executive Member
So my work requires an negative Covid test in order to return to work after contracting Covid and that test returned a positive for me 17 days after the initial positive test.

Don't know how this works and neither does the science either.

The CDC states that you may still test positive for up to 3 months, if not longer, after recovering from Covid. But, this will be due to the dead Covid cells left in your upper respitory way.

I know people who contracted Covid last week, just before they had to depart for the UK on Sunday. The woman, who was on day 5 of Covid went for a test and tested negative. Her boyfriend, also on day 5 tested positive. He went for two more tests the same day and one of them returned a negative result. He used the negative test to travel abroad.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
So my work requires an negative Covid test in order to return to work after contracting Covid and that test returned a positive for me 17 days after the initial positive test.
What symptoms do you have with this one 17 days later?

Sayf777

Expert Member
I think its 10 days since positive test where you are deemed to not be infectious, unless it has changed with the current strain(s)?

rvZA

Executive Member
I think its 10 days since positive test where you are deemed to not be infectious, unless it has changed with the current strain(s)?

The two people I know who tested Positive last Monday and got on a flight on Sunday, told me their doctor said 3-7 days you are no longer contagious, depending on your immune system. He also told them that in some cases you can test negative within 3 days from showing first symptoms.

I thought it was BS, but they got their Negative certificates after only 5 days from testing positive and they are now in isolation in the UK.

Last edited:

Jakkels1991

Expert Member
Tested positive on Saturday. Wife Neg. Current symptoms: Chest a bit sore, phlegmy cough no taste or smell
Feel like I have fully recoverd now. Taste and smell is still a little off but I would say its at atleast 80%. I also have a weirdly high resting HR.

I treated with over the counter meds only.

lived666

Executive Member
My mom has covid and she is a very difficult "patient" - her blood oxygen is very low and she is delirious but refuses to go to the hospital. This was specified before she got sick under no circumstance do we send her to a hospital.
We jumped through hoops and got her oxygen, but she won't put on the mask so we just try and have it next to her - it does help.
We also managed to get a drip going, she hasn't eaten for a week or so, we will attempt another drip later today.