Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 108 18.2%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 329 55.6%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 39 6.6%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 59 10.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.4%

• Total voters

Carol35

Expert Member
My immediate family has really taken a battering the last month - my dad was super sick, my step mother and sister also positive same time. Then my youngest girlchild BF tested positive a day after visiting our home ( and I’m pretty sure they were moving saliva between each other :sneaky: ) but thankfully, she tested negative. My brother and his family last week all positive…yesterday my oldest girl child tested positive.(currently day 4 since onset of symptoms and holding up). I’m almost assuming it’s just a matter of time but starting to think it’s the cigs/booze/weed in my household that covid has maybe decided we are not worth the effort :p - touch wood. Mother in law and the husband have both had their first vacs so I’m hopeful my household is going to escape relatively unscathed. ( Our housemate tested positive last April but very mild case and no one else showed symptoms)

It really is super frightening when a loved one tests positive as you just don’t know how the virus will run it’s course so strongs to all who are currently sick/ recovering.

cpu.

Executive Member
I'm on the tight chest stage (had chills last night). I had mild symptoms until now. Only loss of smell and a light fever (no sweating), 3 times. My nose is open, dry and no coughing. With the start of the chills my throat is wetter, but still not causing issues.

It started Wednesday this week, when the fever started and I then tried to smell Dettol. According to some searches, smell usually go around day 3 to 5. I'm therefore about in week two now.

I'm taking Gen-Payne and ACC200 along with Vitamins.
Happy to say I'm passed everything now. Have occassional burning after the inflammation, but apparently that's not unusual. The tight chest was exactly 3 days. The last of the 3 nights I slept 7 hours straight, which is very rare for me under even the best/healthiest/normal of days.

I now drink a disprin a day, just in case. During Covid I did not, because it's not recommended. I also drank the minimum of meds and even rode out the fevers as long as possible without taking anything. I only drank something when my temperature went too high. With the inflammation (started with cold chills) and chest pain, I drank Genpayne every four hours and antibiotics for 3 days.

I was lucky that my nose and throat remained dry and open throughout. Only after the chest pain ended did my throat get a bit slimey.

DreamKing

Honorary Master
Once people get low on oxygen they can't think properly anymore, that's why you see people yelling in hospitals that the doctors and nurses are trying to murder them, or that they're leaving right now and no one is going to stop them (when they can't stand up).

My point being that you shouldn't let her be making the decisions.

SA is on low oxygen .......... :p

rvZA

Executive Member
So, a friend recovered from Covid 3 weeks ago. This morning he complained about sore throat, later the morning a fever and tiredness. Went to his doctor this afternoon, who also confirmed an elevated pulse and said he had Covid symptoms again. He asked the doctor about immunity and the doctor told him there exist no such thing as immunity, at any time, when you get Covid, not even with a vaccine. Your body should be able to fight new infections better, but not even that is a guarantee and you could still end up in hospital. The doctor had many patients who got Covid again within days of recovering. My friend started working today, but now booked off another month.

Seems Covid is going to be a big mess for companies and employees going forward.

Daveogg

Expert Member
So, a friend recovered from Covid 3 weeks ago. This morning he complained about sore throat, later the morning a fever and tiredness. Went to his doctor this afternoon, who also confirmed an elevated pulse and said he had Covid symptoms again. He asked the doctor about immunity and the doctor told him there exist no such thing as immunity, at any time, when you get Covid, not even with a vaccine. Your body should be able to fight new infections better. The doctor had many patients who got Covid again within days of recovering. My friend started working today, but now booked off another month.

Seems Covid is going to be a big mess for companies and employees going forward.
I would get a new doctor.

ebendl

Expert Member
Hopefully the forums covid morons will shut the **** up now about it not being serious and how vaccinations aren’t necessary.

Honestly, I know someone who's dad past away due to covid, yet he couldn't believe I'm keen to get the vaccine. No plans to get it himself. His reasoning is something around life-insurance won't pay out due to it being an experimental treatment and thus he's glad his dad didn't have the vaccine, so now at least the life-insurance will pay out.

maxXED

Tested positive almost 3 weeks ago (6 July) after presenting with symptoms. Back at work (working from home) since Monday, has been tough to get into. Now experience a slight cough and occasional headaches as remaining side effects. Almost completely cured hopefully. Don't underestimate this virus, you feel better and then bad spells recur, at least in my experience. Will get a retest next week. Tips: Eat healthy and try and get enough sleep, light exercise in recovery phase only.

rvZA

Executive Member
Tested positive almost 3 weeks ago (6 July) after presenting with symptoms. Back at work (working from home) since Monday, has been tough to get into. Now experience a slight cough and occasional headaches as remaining side effects. Almost completely cured hopefully. Don't underestimate this virus, you feel better and then bad spells recur, at least in my experience. Will get a retest next week. Tips: Eat healthy and try and get enough sleep, light exercise in recovery phase only.

CDC and WHO claims that you should not get re-tested within 3 months after recovering. According to them there are still remaining dead Covid cells in your upper respiratory system and these give a positive test result.

But, then again, I know two people who tested positive 5 days before they were to leave for the UK. They did the R800 tests at a local hospital. On day 4 of having tested positive, a day before they were scheduled to fly, they went and got tested again. One tested negative and the other still positive. The guy, who still tested positive, went for three more tests at different locations all positive, with the exception of one coming back negative.

Both left for the UK. They did their quarantine and there they both tested negative after 10 days.

So, I am not sure how this works, whether it is the tests, science not really geared up for Covid. But just keep it in mind if you do decide to re-test so quickly.

ASH170

So figured I'd pop my first post cherry here. And share how my covid experience went. Seeing as it treats all people differently. First symptoms started 7th July. Felt feverish in the evening. Knew something was off. Was with gf at the time. 8th (Thursday) woke up with the worst head ache ever. Felt like my eyeballs were sucked into my skull. Tested positive the 9th of July. (rapid antigen) Felt better during the day. Then bed time came and it was terrible. Fever dreams. Tossing and turning the entire night. Morning came. And I felt better. During the days I felt fine. The nights were the worst. Most disturbed nights of sleep I've had ever. Smoked as per usual 20 a day. But the nights were utter kaak for 4 or 5 nights. Had fever and extremely bad head aches for 4 days. Lost taste and smell. Even though both are sketch from smoking anyway. Coffee was like drinking hot bland water. Symptoms only lasted 4 or 5 days. Taste and smell are still sketchy. Annoying cough now and then. And lingering head aches. Isolated with the gf. She didn't test. We figured she'd be positive. Showed no symptoms and is still showing no symptoms. Self medicated with acc200. Disprin and multivits. Had long smoking sessions in the sun. Feeling okay now.
We are super careful. Sanitize groceries. Sanitize hands and keys before masks are removed in car. So no idea where I picked it up.
Stay safe out there guys and girls. This virus is an a#s hole.

rvZA

Executive Member
So figured I'd pop my first post cherry here. And share how my covid experience went. Seeing as it treats all people differently. First symptoms started 7th July. Felt feverish in the evening. Knew something was off. Was with gf at the time. 8th (Thursday) woke up with the worst head ache ever. Felt like my eyeballs were sucked into my skull. Tested positive the 9th of July. (rapid antigen) Felt better during the day. Then bed time came and it was terrible. Fever dreams. Tossing and turning the entire night. Morning came. And I felt better. During the days I felt fine. The nights were the worst. Most disturbed nights of sleep I've had ever. Smoked as per usual 20 a day. But the nights were utter kaak for 4 or 5 nights. Had fever and extremely bad head aches for 4 days. Lost taste and smell. Even though both are sketch from smoking anyway. Coffee was like drinking hot bland water. Symptoms only lasted 4 or 5 days. Taste and smell are still sketchy. Annoying cough now and then. And lingering head aches. Isolated with the gf. She didn't test. We figured she'd be positive. Showed no symptoms and is still showing no symptoms. Self medicated with acc200. Disprin and multivits. Had long smoking sessions in the sun. Feeling okay now.
We are super careful. Sanitize groceries. Sanitize hands and keys before masks are removed in car. So no idea where I picked it up.
Stay safe out there guys and girls. This virus is an a#s hole.

Yep, the virus is a b!tch. Sanitizing alone will not help. The virus is airborn and can stay so for many hours. Unless you wear a N95 graded mask or higher, all other masks are useless and you could still contract the virus, wearing any other cloth or medical mask.

It's been more than a month since I recovered. Still have issues with taste and smells. Comes and goes. But, smell and taste may take many months before it is back. I have more than 1 friend who contracted Covid last year and has had smell and taste issues for over a year now. No one really knows when and or if it will ever be fully restored for everyone.

genetic

Honorary Master
@rvZA Of course we’d expect a post like this from you. The world is always ending in your eyes, no matter what username you use, be it intel8080, lewskannwn or rvZA

rvZA

Executive Member
@rvZA Of course we’d expect a post like this from you. The world is always ending in your eyes, no matter what username you use, be it intel8080, lewskannwn or rVZA

Whether you or anyone else likes this or not, Covid 19 is here to stay and will not be going anywhere any time soon. Just like you cannot escape a cold or the flu, you will never again be able to escape Covid 19 either. Gear up and get ready to live with it. It has become part of our lives and nothing will change that.

genetic

Honorary Master
Whether you or anyone else likes this or not, Covid 19 is here to stay and will not be going anywhere any time soon. Just like you cannot escape a cold or the flu, you will never again be able to escape Covid 19 either. Gear up and get ready to live with it. It has become part of our lives and nothing will change that.

Sure I’m ready to live with it, have been for over a year, but what does your fear mongering post add?

Nothing.

The world isn’t ending rvZA, I’m sorry to say.

genetic

Honorary Master
There was nothing fearmongering about the post. Sorry if it scared you though.

Dude, your posts are like the Nigerian Princes mails. When received just delete. No one here takes you seriously. So sorry to break the news to you.