Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.0%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 110 18.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 331 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 39 6.5%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

djbrendan

Expert Member
It's been a while since I last posted here in the forums

The positive cases in my area are sitting constantly at 2000-2500+-

So far all my close friends and family have been infected, everyone went through it differently.

Myself and the wife didn't know we had it.. I was feeling a bit tired, a little bit more than usual for a week or so. That was pretty much my experience.
My wife was experiencing loss of taste, that was all. We both tested and came back positive.

A close friend and his wife had it much worse than we did. He was on the ground most of the time due to weakness of getting back into bed. His wife went in and out of hospital for some care. No ventilators ..

We talked a bit since we all recovered. Even though I was a bit tired, the main thing that was strange was being confused and dizzy for that week. I was not my normal self. Nothing else, no loss of smell or taste, no fever, no cough or chest pain.

As a side note, neither I nor the wife have serious underlying comorbidities. Does asthma count? I've got that :D

Last edited:

pozmans

So far all my close friends and family have been infected, everyone went through it differently.

Myself and the wife didn't know we had it.. I was feeling a bit tired, a little bit more than usual for a week or so. That was pretty much my experience.
My wife was experiencing loss of taste, that was all. We both tested and came back positive.

A close friend and his wife had it much worse than we did. He was on the ground most of the time due to weakness of getting back into bed. His wife went in and out of hospital for some care. No ventilators ..

We talked a bit since we all recovered. Even though I was a bit tired, the main thing that was strange was being confused and dizzy for that week. I was not my normal self. Nothing else, no loss of smell or taste, no fever, no cough or chest pain.

As a side note, neither I nor the wife have serious underlying comorbidities. Does asthma count? I've got that :D

Glad to hear you and your wife didn’t have to go through anything too severe. I’ve heard of many stories from family and friends, where some are down for a week whilst others (the in-laws) have been struggling for 3 weeks and at one stage couldn’t even make it from their bedroom to the lounge.

I have moderate asthma but it’s well controlled via chronic meds and exercise. From most of the research published to date, covid hasn’t hit asthmatics any harder than the normal person. With that being said, always better to still be careful.

mister

Executive Member

That was pretty much my experience, I just felt a little dizzy at times with a slight cough, and my oxygen sats were a little lower, no other symptoms. When I was exposed again 6 months later I also felt a little bit dizzy at times for a day or two, but nothing else.

lived666

Executive Member
My mom has covid and she is a very difficult "patient" - her blood oxygen is very low and she is delirious but refuses to go to the hospital. This was specified before she got sick under no circumstance do we send her to a hospital.
We jumped through hoops and got her oxygen, but she won't put on the mask so we just try and have it next to her - it does help.
We also managed to get a drip going, she hasn't eaten for a week or so, we will attempt another drip later today.

So she has now recovered from covid even with her severe comorbidities including COPD and Lupus.

Her blood oxygen levels are still low, which impacts on her thought and speech functions - she describes the sensation as foggy, but she has started sending out emails and stuff, so that is an improvement.

She doesn't like the medical oxygen, which finished yesterday anyhow, but has a small 2.0L home oxygen machine as well - but will probably have to refill and continue with medical oxygen.

As I mentioned, a tad difficult patient, but from being delirious, unable to move or talk, she is now walking around, sending emails and making her own coffee and feeding her dogs.

pozmans

So she has now recovered from covid even with her severe comorbidities including COPD and Lupus.

Her blood oxygen levels are still low, which impacts on her thought and speech functions - she describes the sensation as foggy, but she has started sending out emails and stuff, so that is an improvement.

She doesn't like the medical oxygen, which finished yesterday anyhow, but has a small 2.0L home oxygen machine as well - but will probably have to refill and continue with medical oxygen.

As I mentioned, a tad difficult patient, but from being delirious, unable to move or talk, she is now walking around, sending emails and making her own coffee and feeding her dogs.

I bought my in-laws a medical oxygen concentrator. Up to 7L of oxygen per min. A well spent R10k and you don't need to refill anything.

Last edited:

rvZA

Executive Member

That is good news. Take care of her.

Also know a person with comorbitities who ended up in hospital for 19 days. He too was discharged 2 weeks ago, even with low oxygen levels. He is now on a small oxygen machines and has to carry it around everywhere he goes. He was told the damage to his lungs may be permanent and also to try his best not to contract the virus again.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Last week Monday, after work went for a run, that evening started with a runny nose and headache.
Strange thing was headache got worse when I laid down, that and I couldn't stop "thinking" about stuff, was weird.
Took Tuesday off and rested, head was still sore and running nose.
Wednesday was better but eyes very sensitive to light but no more headache and runny nose.
Have not gone for a test.

akescpt

Honorary Master
Last week Monday, after work went for a run, that evening started with a runny nose and headache.
Strange thing was headache got worse when I laid down, that and I couldn't stop "thinking" about stuff, was weird.
Wednesday was better but eyes very sensitive to light but no more headache and runny nose.

Sleeping was horrible because of that ‘thinking’

Easily the worst part of the experience.

PrettigeGert

Now you know how some poor MyBB members go through life...

akescpt

Honorary Master
This lingering cough is putting me on edge thinking im getting reinfected.

spikegv

This "thinking" drove me nuts . Tried to explain it to the Mrs the one evening but none of it made sense.

Did anyone break out with a skin rash?

Madhawk

Honorary Master
A friend of mine has recovered from Covid (2 months ago) but her taste and smell hasn't fully recovered. The one thing that bothers her is the fact that she smells cigarette smoke and she's not a smoker. So she recently googled that issue and found out that she is not alone. Learned something new myself.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Tested positive on the 4th July.
Immediately bought a oxygen machine and went home.

Early morning was the worst, headache, head felt like it weighed 2tons and blocked everywhere.

Fine now and we were on ivermecim for a while prior and during and still.

Consider ourselves lucky.