Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.0%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 110 18.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 332 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 60 10.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Tested positive on the 4th July.
Immediately bought a oxygen machine and went home.

Early morning was the worst, headache, head felt like it weighed 2tons and blocked everywhere.

Fine now and we were on ivermecim for a while prior and during and still.

Consider ourselves lucky.
So did you need the oxygen machine ?

kfc4unme

This "thinking" drove me nuts . Tried to explain it to the Mrs the one evening but none of it made sense.

Did anyone break out with a skin rash?
Mind trying to explain it here? I'm curious... Do you mean you would have all sorts of random thoughts?

One of my family members said they were "hallucinating". As in their hand didn't look real for example. Maybe it was the meds...

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
How is this for a warning that is very very scary!

WHY would such a warning have to be issued by a professional body in SA?
What circumstances led to such a warning being issued by the CCSSA?

And why is the document written in open format on MS Word and not turned into a PDF at the very least?

Then we have all these okes out there that say "trust the system"!

You must be joking!

Rocuronium – Esmeron™, Rocuronium Fresenius™, Adco Rocuronium™
Cisatracurium – Nimbex™, Cisatracurium Safeline™, Cistrax™
Notice Intended for:

All critical care staff (Enrolled Nurses, Registered Nurses, Doctors) who prescribe or administer drugs to critical care patients intravenously.
Critical Messages:
  • These drugs are not “calming” nor “relaxing” drugs.
  • These drugs paralyse (the muscles of) the patient.
  • These drugs should never be started or re-started without permission of the Shift Leader.
  • These drugs must always be administered with effective sedation (and analgesia if required).
  • If these drugs are given to patients who are not ventilated with a mandatary respiratory rate set on a ventilator of at least of 10 breaths per minute (adults), the patient will not breathe and may die.

Last edited:

Hemps

Honorary Master
Mind trying to explain it here? I'm curious... Do you mean you would have all sorts of random thoughts?

One of my family members said they were "hallucinating". As in their hand didn't look real for example. Maybe it was the meds...
In my case I could not stop focusing on a work problem, no matter how much I tried to think about something else. Focus was crazy but hurt my head.
What was also weird was my head hurt when I laid down, if I got up within a couple minutes head ache wasn't so bad.

akescpt

Honorary Master
In my case I could not stop focusing on a work problem, no matter how much I tried to think about something else. Focus was crazy but hurt my head.
What was also weird was my head hurt when I laid down, if I got up within a couple minutes head ache wasn't so bad.

I had to solve some puzzle before I could sleep. The second one was that I needed to settle my school account.

It’s like the mind focuses on something and then just stays there.

Just make sure the patient isn’t running a fever or something first. I think my stuff was temperature related. Hold and cold.

Rosaudio

First Officer
How is this for a warning that is very very scary!

WHY would such a warning have to be issued by a professional body in SA?
What circumstances led to such a warning being issued by the CCSSA?

And why is the document written in open format on MS Word and not turned into a PDF at the very least?

Then we have all these okes out there that say "trust the system"!

You must be joking!
You'd rather they didn't issue a warning?

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
You'd rather they didn't issue a warning?
No of course not.
I am asking why is a warning like this even necessary?
And what led them to issue it?
What event? Did a patient actually die? How many? Where? How pervasive was the problem?
The ramifications are damn serious!

LetsDance

I had this symptom with some other virus years ago - it is a repetitive image or thought occuring again and again, over and over, like crimson and clover. To be sure, not random. Like a music ear worm - like crimson and clover ,over and over :)

Last edited:

Hemps

Honorary Master
I had this symptom with some other virus years ago - it is a repetitive image or thought occuring again and again, over and over, like crimson and clover. To be sure, not random. Like a music ear worm - like crimson and clover ,over and over :)
You didnt by any chance take Codene, I reckon it was Codene/Paracetamol tablets I took, never again!

Rosaudio

First Officer
No of course not.
I am asking why is a warning like this even necessary?
And what led them to issue it?
What event? Did a patient actually die? How many? Where? How pervasive was the problem?
The ramifications are damn serious!
Agreed, this has to be on the back of an incident somewhere. I guess we will never know.

It's a bit like NTSB recommendations when an airplane goes down!

PrettigeGert

I went for the first Phizer jab a few weeks back, that evening I started getting really ill.

Tested positive which means I probably had Covid when I went for the vaccine, but had no symptoms before or at the time.

The next two and a half weeks were terrible.
Fever, then cold AF, nasty headaches, muscle aches, nausea, tight chest and coughing.
Lost taste and smell at some point.

I have never been that sick ever in my life, even when I had malaria many years back it was not even close to this, and that was bad at the time.

SPO2 remained 95% and above, so I did not need oxygen and stayed out of hospital.

Much better now, taste and smell not 100% back yet, get tired really easily and often just feel almost like I have a hangover even though I have not had alcohol in more than a month (now that I think of that, maybe that is the real issue, withdrawal :ROFL: ).

Have a colleague in hospital now, he is not doing well at all.

lexity

Expert Member
I went for the first Phizer jab a few weeks back, that evening I started getting really ill.

Tested positive which means I probably had Covid when I went for the vaccine, but had no symptoms before or at the time.

The next two and a half weeks were terrible.
Fever, then cold AF, nasty headaches, muscle aches, nausea, tight chest and coughing.
Lost taste and smell at some point.

I have never been that sick ever in my life, even when I had malaria many years back it was not even close to this, and that was bad at the time.

SPO2 remained 95% and above, so I did not need oxygen and stayed out of hospital.

Much better now, taste and smell not 100% back yet, get tired really easily and often just feel almost like I have a hangover even though I have not had alcohol in more than a month (now that I think of that, maybe that is the real issue, withdrawal :ROFL: ).

Have a colleague in hospital now, he is not doing well at all.
You say you lost taste.

Did you at all experience a metal-like taste? Or not?

PrettigeGert

You say you lost taste.

Did you at all experience a metal-like taste? Or not?
Difficult to say, cannot really recall that but I think not.

At some point, sweet tasted sweeter, salt more intense and bitter also more intense.
I could not distinguish between different sweet, salty tastes though.
Then just everything tasted like a McDonalds burger patty cardboard and it was not nice to eat at all.
Even water was unpleasant to drink.

Now, almost 2 weeks after I have been over it, taste and smell is still not fully back to normal.
It is much better, but loving cooking, I am struggling to cook based on taste and smell like I used to.

Oh, lost 7.5kgs in less than 2 weeks.

The asymptomatic people and those with light symptoms are really fortunate.
Having said that, I do believe the vaccine on top of Covid had really nasty impact.

homeboy

tested positive 17th July 2021. It's a terrible sickness. I was nauseas all the time, a very bad headache, sore lungs& body aches. I lost a lot of weight of not eating, shortness of breath.
Started working 27th. The cdc gave me 9 days sick leave. I'm still not 100%. Still very nauseas and lung still sore, still feel sickly.