Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.0%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 110 18.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 331 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 39 6.5%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 60 10.1%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

animal531

Expert Member
I had this symptom with some other virus years ago - it is a repetitive image or thought occuring again and again, over and over, like crimson and clover. To be sure, not random. Like a music ear worm - like crimson and clover ,over and over :)

Yeah it happens with fever. Once I tried to put a blue block into yellow (the colour) and it just kept on failing. Recently I had what felt like a line of dominoes that would topple over in 1 direction, but instead of being done then they'd topple back in the other direction; and it would just repeat infinitely.

Glock26

Expert Member
Well and truly screwed me up. Mentally...hard to explain. Some of you here know what I mean. Repetitive nonsensical thoughts flowing through your mind so that you are unable to sleep and feel like you are losing your mind. There is a large psychological aspect to this virus. Friend had vivid hallucinations. I couldn't stand the thought of food. Didn't lose taste or smell....just didn't eat for 2 weeks. Icecream and yoghurt saved me.
O2 Levels relatively ok, but still felt like I needed to pant like a dog. Coughed up blood. Think it damaged my lungs.
Waking up sopping wet every night and having to shiver and sleep in a wet bed....sweating multiple times.
Few days where I thought I was a gonner.
So yeah. Not fun, and everyone seems to have different symptoms.

homeboy

Well and truly screwed me up. Mentally...hard to explain. Some of you here know what I mean. Repetitive nonsensical thoughts flowing through your mind so that you are unable to sleep and feel like you are losing your mind. There is a large psychological aspect to this virus. Friend had vivid hallucinations. I couldn't stand the thought of food. Didn't lose taste or smell....just didn't eat for 2 weeks. Icecream and yoghurt saved me.
O2 Levels relatively ok, but still felt like I needed to pant like a dog. Coughed up blood. Think it damaged my lungs.
Waking up sopping wet every night and having to shiver and sleep in a wet bed....sweating multiple times.
I had the strangest thought also, I 'm just very tired and thought of eating repulse me. I'm on the heavy side(fat) so I always love to eat now it's a mission to eat. Hopefully it will pass. I was craving ice cream and hated soup.

Glock26

Expert Member
Right there with ya. I live to eat. And here I was with the thought of eating actually being repulsive to me. I had maybe 2-3 meals in 14 days...and those were tiny. Don't stress....just drink lots of water. I found I had a craving for orange and other citrus juice. Try that.
Ice cream is good! I had soup once, next time it was off putting.
But about 18 days later, appetite is mostly back where it was, although all my clothes are loose :)

spikegv

Mind trying to explain it here? I'm curious... Do you mean you would have all sorts of random thoughts?

One of my family members said they were "hallucinating". As in their hand didn't look real for example. Maybe it was the meds...
It was really random. I remember spending an hour or two working out a plan to fall asleep in my sleep. Totally nuts but could be related to the fevers at the time

46Female

Expert Member
I have a cough and phlegm what cough mixture can you recommend?
Im not on medical aid

homeboy

Right there with ya. I live to eat. And here I was with the thought of eating actually being repulsive to me. I had maybe 2-3 meals in 14 days...and those were tiny. Don't stress....just drink lots of water. I found I had a craving for orange and other citrus juice. Try that.
Ice cream is good! I had soup once, next time it was off putting.
But about 18 days later, appetite is mostly back where it was, although all my clothes are loose :)
I love oranges eat one after the meals I eat.

Rosaudio

First Officer
Well, finally happened - Gf and I tested positive this morning.

I only have mild symptoms at the moment such as a runny nose and a slight headache, whereas she's feeling a little more under the weather with more cold-like symptoms.

We are both under 30 so not too concerned about it, and both had our first shot of Pfizer 6+ weeks ago so glad to have already had some protection.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
Agreed, this has to be on the back of an incident somewhere. I guess we will never know.

It's a bit like NTSB recommendations when an airplane goes down!
Ja sometimes those air crash investigations are truly startling.
Like the one last week that was traced to a missing washer on a stop bolt that led to a tank rupture and fire.

Last edited:

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
Im not on medical aid
medias

It's not technically a cough remedy, but I suggest doubling the dosage and washing it down with a half tumbler of whiskey.
You'll sleep so soundly you wont even know if you cough.

Gyre

Expert Member
Im not on medical aid

Dynamite sauce, won't be any snot left in your body after that.

Bonus if your sense of taste is gone.

Gyre

Expert Member

I had the same symptoms, even mentally.

homeboy

Linctopent was prescribed and issued to my son in law's brother at a state hoispital
Yes I have that too but I don't think it help at all and the alcohol you can taste. Its like a double shot of whiskey or brandy.