Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 108 18.2%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 329 55.6%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 39 6.6%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 59 10.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.4%

• Total voters

Looney

Executive Member
Just remember that there is a 99% chance that you're going to have a bit of a cold and feel fine. Most people who get COVID aren't on the internet telling people about it, but people who experience loss are, making what you read online seem really disproportionate to the reality of the situation, so keep that in mind. Other than this, get onto whatever meds your doctor is prescribing as soon as you can, and chill out and take it easy.

Thanks man, appreciate the words. Yup I’v already started the meds. The only symptom I have so far is a high temp. Otherwise I feel fine. I get a bit of a chill every now and again.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I tested positive for Covid today. Woke up with a temperature. My wife has also been sick, she’s pregnant. Due end August. I am absolutely shattered and terrified.
We managed to stay negative through our whole pregnancy. However, we are all positive and our 4 week old. It is never good timing :(

You will get through it

Looney

Executive Member
We managed to stay negative through our whole pregnancy. However, we are all positive and our 4 week old. It is never good timing :(

You will get through it

Ah no, so sorry to hear. How is the baby doing?

Timing is proper sh|t but thank you for the words of support. I’m remaining positive (as in mentally lol).

The_MAC

Executive Member
Ah no, so sorry to hear. How is the baby doing?

Timing is proper sh|t but thank you for the words of support. I’m remaining positive (as in mentally lol).
As I am sure you have heard, children and babies are quite resilient. It was stressful, but luckily it was nothing more than a mild fever and congestion.

This virus has to be stressful, the whole world is talking about it for nearly 2 years ;)

Looney

Executive Member
As I am sure you have heard, children and babies are quite resilient. It was stressful, but luckily it was nothing more than a mild fever and congestion.

This virus has to be stressful, the whole world is talking about it for nearly 2 years ;)

I’m glad they doing fine!

Always worries me about newborn babies because they have no immune system yet.

pouroverguy

Expert Member
From my limited understanding, it seems that the damage covid does to lungs makes it very easy for an opportunistic bacterial infection to gain a foothold.

Yes, but unless you actually get a bacterial infection and there is evidence on radiography/blood results or clinical suspicion due to atypical COVID symptoms, antibiotics are a bad idea. They come with their own side effects, and unncessary antibiotics have caused a drug-resistant bacteria issue of epic proportions.

The_MAC

Executive Member
I heard you can also get given antibiotics that help with Covid
I was given a script from a well-intending friend from a friend doctor, it contained a whole lot of things, ivermectin, antibiotics, blood-thinners, cortezone etc.

I said, what the hell are these doctors prescribing, I'm going to die from the meds and not the virus. It's not a one size fits all, and it's all about taking the right things at the right time. I'm first going to give my body a chance to fight on its own, if things go tits up then I will begin using these meds in consultation with my GP, who knows my medical history.

Some doctors appear to use the shotgun strategy, I don't think they have a game plan.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
I was given a script from a well-intending friend from a friend doctor, it contained a whole lot of things, ivermectin, antibiotics, blood-thinners, cortezone etc.

I said, what the hell are these doctors prescribing, I'm going to die from the meds and not the virus. It's not a one size fits all, and it's all about taking the right things at the right time. I'm first going to give my body a chance to fight on its own, if things go tits up then I will begin using these meds in consultation with my GP, who knows my medical history.

Some doctors appear to use the shotgun strategy, I don't think they have a game plan.
I was really tempted to take the Ivermectin. Really glad I didn't. So many of the sisters and doctors told me that if someone comes to ICU or High care or MICU - they can be helped. But most who have taken ivermectin cannot. I didn't take it because when my little bro had covid - he did. And he had a really bad reaction to it. So I figured the possibility was high that I might too.

Looney

Executive Member
So daughters test came back positive. Quite surprised and a little shocked if I'm being honest...

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she’s doing ok. I tested positive today and my wife will most likely test positive tomorrow. Scares me because our baby is due 26th August.

akescpt

Honorary Master
With strict monitoring, you should be ok. You need to avoid certain foods I believe. Try and get access to oxygen. I got a concentrator off Take-a-lot. Expensive but really worth it so far. Mine is a nebulizer and steamer too.
can you post the link?

sand_man

Honorary Master
Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hope she’s doing ok. I tested positive today and my wife will most likely test positive tomorrow. Scares me because our baby is due 26th August.
That sucks! But you young and fit and so is your wife! Should be okay. Important to monitor your oxygen levels.

Is your wife showing any symptoms? 26th is still 3 weeks away but this certainly complicates matters slightly.

My daughters COVID was a non event and no one else in the house got it. Almost think it might have been a false positive. Even a kid who was living with us at the time didn't get it. This was January this year so probably not the Delta variant. If she got Delta variant we probably would all have got it. So for now, don't assume your wife has it and take the necessary precautions to avoid transmitting it to her.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Almost think it might have been a false positive.
How does this happen? My brother missed the birth of his son because of a false positive test. Makes you question the process and stats all together

PseuDohNom

Thanks man, appreciate the words. Yup I’v already started the meds. The only symptom I have so far is a high temp. Otherwise I feel fine. I get a bit of a chill every now and again.
If that's the case, you'll probably be fine. If you develop a runny nose, cough or post nasal drip, keep spitting everything out and blowing your nose. This will delay the spread from your nasal cavity to your lungs as much as possible.

Drink plenty of water throughout the day in small sips and ask someone to bring you a box of rehydrat or something so the odds are in your immune system's favour.