Are you currently sick with COVID-19?

Are you currently, or have your been infected with SARS-CoV-2?

• I currently have COVID-19

Votes: 42 7.0%
  • I've recovered from COVID-19

Votes: 110 18.4%
  • I have not had COVID-19

Votes: 332 55.4%
  • I don't care about this stupid virus, it's just the flu

Votes: 40 6.7%
  • I prefer not to say

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • I died

Votes: 60 10.0%
  • I'm currently recovering from it

Votes: 14 2.3%

• Total voters

kronoSX

Honorary Master
Why do you say it is weird that you got Covid while fully vacinated? You do know what the vaccine is suppose to do right?
yes its weird cause i was chosen by nature to be part of that 22 percent to get infected instead of being a carrier.

akescpt

Honorary Master
tried to wear the seatbelt on wednesday...felt leka kak later on and yesterday.... ma se moer...

1st jab tomorrow

flytek

Do you have evidence for that claim?
"When the fatality was compared on the basis of vitamin D deficiency, the fatality rate was 21% (19 patients died in 90 patients) among vitamin D deficient and 3.1% (2 patient died in 64) among patients with normal vitamin D level."
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-77093-z (Half way down the page just above the title "Discussion")

Vitamin D deficient people in that study were 7 times more likely to die compared to people with normal vitamin D levels.

"Recent large observational data have suggested that ~40% of Europeans are vitamin D deficient"
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41430-020-0558-y (second line after introduction)

In the below data one can determine that in the UK a non vaccinated person is about 3 times as likely to die from covid than a non vaccinated one.

In Europe at least and anywhere else where vitamin D deficiency rates are as high then raising ones vitamin D levels to normal will have around about the same statistical outcome for preventing death by covid as a vaccine would.

double-vaccinated-deaths.jpg

This discussion should be in another thread.

Attachments

• UK-recent.jpg
    UK-recent.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 19

zulucat

Expert Member
I was, it was really awful hey... Nearly met my ancestors... BUT here I am. Doctors do amazing work. My diabetes made matters very complicated for me. Steaming daily saved the day, could feel my lungs thanking me after each steaming session. And the vitamins of course, my doctor used asthma medicine to keep my chest afloat, genius idea.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
I was, it was really awful hey... Nearly met my ancestors... BUT here I am. Doctors do amazing work. My diabetes made matters very complicated for me. Steaming daily saved the day, could feel my lungs thanking me after each steaming session. And the vitamins of course, my doctor used asthma medicine to keep my chest afloat, genius idea.

I was sick in Aug 2020, may have been Covid (Mk1), but there were few symptoms other than nomal cough. Lung infections tend to exacerbate asthma (often under-diagnosed), so bumping up my existing bronchodilator spray and inhaled steroids helped alleviate the post-viral phase. Palliative treatment should be standard practice...

akescpt

Honorary Master
I was sick in Aug 2020, may have been Covid (Mk1), but there were few symptoms other than nomal cough. Lung infections tend to exacerbate asthma (often under-diagnosed), so bumping up my existing bronchodilator spray and inhaled steroids helped alleviate the post-viral phase. Palliative treatment should be standard practice...
which inhaled steroids do you use? I'm wondering if I need another steroid course to further aid my lungs in this recovery.

Gordon_R

Honorary Master
Yes, I need details before I go.

Your GP will not prescribe something just because you ask. There are pros and cons to every steroid treatment. It may be contra-indicated if you had a severe infection.

Edit: It's Budesonide, a very common inhaler.

Last edited:

akescpt

Honorary Master
Your GP will not prescribe something just because you ask. There are pros and cons to every steroid treatment. It may be contra-indicated if you had a severe infection.

Dude it’s for the discussion. Geez. Relax.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
So my boet was released last week after a week in hospital on oxygen.

But, now I had to have my daughter tested yesterday as she has 3 of the symptoms :X3:
I just came here to this thread now to ask how your boet was doing after going to hospital last week when you told us. So glad he is getting better

Pineapple Smurf

Ive had a slightly tight chest for last few days, non stop, even when I go to sleep.
Never had that before
Nothing major, just annoying

I need to take a break from the booze a bit, leave my suiping for weekends only and see if it gets better

Pineapple Smurf

Thanks. He's in bed at home. Says it took a big toll on his lungs.
Yikes
Buddy at work says he sister came out of hospital a week ago and she is still recovering at home.
Looks like people that get it hard take much longer to recover afterwards

She is still at home and dead tired sleeping all the time

VoodooBean

Ive had a slightly tight chest for last few days, non stop, even when I go to sleep.
Never had that before
Nothing major, just annoying

I need to take a break from the booze a bit, leave my suiping for weekends only and see if it gets better

Headaches and especially loss of taste of smell ( restless sleeping ) were the signs for me.

I have what they call " long haul "covid, so the initial infection obviously did some minor/moderate damage to my lungs and heart which is not life threatening, got an nebuliser this week as I'm still struggling to breathe, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad - hence the nebuliser ( cortisone )

Been for x-rays, ECG's and what ever other scan known to man, nope, nothing, nada, zulch - nothing can be done but to stick it out and hope my body can fight it over the next few month if not years.

Pineapple Smurf

Headaches and especially loss of taste of smell ( restless sleeping ) were the signs for me.

I have what they call " long haul "covid, so the initial infection obviously did some minor/moderate damage to my lungs and heart which is not life threatening, got an nebuliser this week as I'm still struggling to breathe, sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad - hence the nebuliser ( cortisone )

Been for x-rays, ECG's and what ever other scan known to man, nope, nothing, nada, zulch - nothing can be done but to stick it out and hope my body can fight it over the next few month if not years.
Damn you have kak sysmptoms
Hope you feel better soon
I feel terrific, on top of the world, except I am a little bit more tired than normal, kinda blame that to bad eating habits
And I have this chest pain now, which is more of an irritant than a pain.
I was poking around with my fingers on my chest an hour ago and noticed the pain isnt to one side by my heart as I had thought it was. It is directly in the middle about 3cms blow the nipple line. So its a pipe of somesorts and not an organ I guess, but I am not sure, I don't have Matric.
Whatever it is the pain is mostly there when I sit down or lie in bed, if I walk around it is 99% gone.

This covid stuff is so frigging weird. Everyone has different sysmtoms, I have put on 10kg and now weigh 85kg since Covid started 17 months ago, also blame the fact that I was home for half that time drinking beer and braaing everyday. Gonna slow down on that now and only do that on weekends, or at least try. Luckily I stay fit by hiking every weekend I get a chance

Im too scared to go for XRays and ECG's like you did. Keep us posted on your outcome and what you are feeling

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Im too scared to go for XRays and ECG's like you did.

One of the reasons many suffer is because they don't do the tests required.

Covid can cause blood clots and you'll only know if you're at risk is if you do the D-Dimers blood test and if your blood is thick, you are high risk for clots. Only the X-Ray will show clots.

You can of course take a chance , not do anything, but if something is wrong, you're going to pay the price.